Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck me, the state of some of those titles

I agree that some are not great. Love is Bigger, and Little Things are the biggest standouts. ANd I really don't like The Book of Your Heart. OY:huh:

But Achtung had. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World, and Until the End of The World, and Even Better Than The Real Thing...

So This isn't way out of left field for these guys.

I agree that some are not great. Love is Bigger, and Little Things are the biggest standouts. ANd I really don't like The Book of Your Heart. OY:huh:

But Achtung had. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World, and Until the End of The World, and Even Better Than The Real Thing...

So This isn't way out of left field for these guys.

that's a good point, for sure

Love Is All We Have Left
You’re The Best Thing About Me
The Blackout
Get Out Of Your Own Way
American Soul
Summer Of Love
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
Landlady
Red Flag Day
The Lights Of Home
The Showman
The Little Things That Give You Away

Oh oh..

Love Is All We Have Left
The Blackout
Get Out Of Your Own Way
American Soul
Summer Of Love
Landlady
Red Flag Day
The Lights Of Home
The Showman

Oh oh..

Confirmed rumor: They are going to sample the Red Light intro on Red Flag Day.

The titles are awful. Just chopping them down would make them a little less unequivocal.

All We Have Left
Best Thing
Blackout
Get Out
American Soul
Summer Of Love
Love Is Bigger
Landlady
Red Flag Day
Lights Of Home
The Showman
Little Things

Love Is All We Have Left
The Blackout
Get Out Of Your Own Way
American Soul
Summer Of Love
Landlady
Red Flag Day
The Lights Of Home
The Showman

OMG is Bono weighing in on the NFL/Kaepernick controversy? His overuse of "kneel" would imply he's on the side of the player protestors!!

I know that it's the songs that matter and not the titles, but to me, titles are important in their own right, and I was never excited about these titles.

And my issue isn't because I find them too long, my issue is that I find them too lacking in character, and/or too samey.

The only one I honestly like the sound of is The Lights Of Home.

The Book Of Your Heart sounds ok too, but it's left off the album.

But yeah, based on the titles, this album should be called "The Love Thing Way".

Yeah, it's not just about the length but about the triteness as well. Sure not as evocative as Daddy's Gonna Pay or Velvet Dress.

agreed. That's my main issue with Book of Your Heart, Love is All We Have Left, and Love is Bigger...
I get that this aiming to be a more personal, reaching out to those you love the most album. But, could be a bit more subtle...

The Little Things That Give You Away is long, but actually is a pretty cool title IMO.

Well, now that we have the bonus track title confirmed, it's time to update the song lyrics/title tag cloud.

LOVE

THING

BIG MOUTH

HEART

WAY

LIGHT

huh. looks like the the atu2 forum is closing down tomorrow.

wonder if we'll see an uptick of folk here...

Speaking of one of the main themes of the album - that Bono keeps mentioning at least. The telling those around you how you feel, speaking to them like it may be the last time, giving the one piece of advice, etc...

So far it seems to fit for

The Best Thing
Little Things
Love is Bigger
Book of Your Heart
and I guess Landlady since it's talking about Ali...

The rest seem not to fit that category, at least what we know about them now. Possibly Lights of Home, just by the title, but who knows.

The waiting is killing me by the way. :|

How come it's closing down? I saw the message on there. They not going to have a forum at all now then?

I didn't post much there, so I'm out of the loop too..

looks like the mods are making some grand gesture? I dunno.

Jokes aside though, I can get quite picky about titles. Red Flag Day is just making me think of Red Light constantly. And I wish that SIAMYCGOO was just called Stuck In A Moment. But these are just pet quibbles for me.

I mean... yea, if One was given the title Tits McGullicutty, it might have had a negative impact.

If it was called One Love, nobody would have given a shit.

(this is the point where 4-5 posters go NOOOO I WOULDNT LIKR THR SONG THRN... which is bullshit. Yes, you would have, and you wouldn't have known the difference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom