Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it U2Songs that had this being the day of album announcement ? Whoever it was, I know they’re usually reliable but we don’t really know for sure that TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

I know a few posters on here have hinted at we’ll know something before Halloween which means probably next week. RD source pretty much told him same thing, nothing confirmed other than we’ll know soon.

Don’t get your hopes up today.

edit: found it-

In September we were able to tell you that “ We are told that the full details should come out on Friday, October 20th or thereabouts.” We’ve confirmed with other sources that the announcement is imminent, and our original source has said that the album announcement should happen in the next week. The band will be in Sao Paulo, Brazil on the 20th, and it will be a day between concerts on The Joshua Tree 2017 tour. It remains to be seen if the band will make some sort of announcement that day, or if they will perhaps wait until next week when the tour is complete. As always we will let you know if we have firm information about when this will happen.

http://www.u2songs.com/news/songs_of_experience_updates_october_18

I think it would make more sense to wait until the tour is over as to not take focus away from its end, but today could work too. Maybe it'll give the last three shows an extra jolt of energy?

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

It's all opinions. I don't give a shit what negative ones or attitudes someone has. As long as they're not criticizing me for my own.

This!
To me it’s more annoying to have 4 pages arguing about people’s differing OPINIONS.
Come on people. We are all here to bounce our thoughts off each other. Lashing out out those that have a really negative or really positive view on a certain song or songs doesn’t benefit anyone.
I for one have liked all 4 songs we’ve gotten a taste of. I really like TBT, but I love that there are people on here who don’t. It makes me listen more critically to the bands work and appreciate it all the more.

The Blackout I think has the potential to be a real killer of a song. It definitely has a whole different feel than TBT, Little Things and GOOYOW. Which makes me happy to see the variety we are getting.
I am most anticipating the studio version of Little Things. I really like it done live, but feel there’s a little something missing in the structure or transitions or something. Hard to put my finger on. But I think the studio version has the potential to soar.

Keep calm and appreciate and respect your fellow posters opinions. Maybe actually hear them out. I know crazy. :;):

Got a feeling it will be next Friday, tours finished and it gives them 5 weeks to promote the new record

Looks like no new song today. Sigh.

But who knows on the album tour info. Seems that they have announced things at all times of day. So maybe noon, or 5pm Eastern time US. Who knows. But looking like a long shot.

They're going to announce their next 8-track at 9:27pm Kazakh time.

The deluxe edition will contain a bonus Betamax from the Joshua Tree Tour. The original one, not the 2017 one.

Why does it make more sense? That argument makes no sense - they have sold all the tickets, it’s only 5 more days, they can play promo stuff soon. It’s really pretty arbitrary whether it is this week or next

Looks like no new song today. Sigh.

But who knows on the album tour info. Seems that they have announced things at all times of day. So maybe noon, or 5pm Eastern time US. Who knows. But looking like a long shot.
lolz remember when everyone jumped off a building over The Blackout announcement and then the email came at 4 pm?

This place

Why does it make more sense? That argument makes no sense - they have sold all the tickets, it’s only 5 more days, they can play promo stuff soon. It’s really pretty arbitrary whether it is this week or next
Yea I mean it may or may not be announced today, but there's nothing to promote regarding JT30 so I highly doubt that would come into play. They either want to make an announcement today or they don't. The remaining concerts aren't relevant in the marketing plan anymore.

It's my bias to finish one chapter before blowing open the floodgates on another. They've been cracking the door open on SOE this entire tour, but there's difference between dropping a single and starting the full promotional cycle

for what it's worth, tay tay just released a new song yesterday.

maybe that's a bit of a factor. maybe it's not.

Yea I mean it may or may not be announced today, but there's nothing to promote regarding JT30 so I highly doubt that would come into play. They either want to make an announcement today or they don't. The remaining concerts aren't relevant in the marketing plan anymore.

it makes sense if they aren't confident in playing the new song live yet. i think it's a bit weird if they drop a new single and wouldn't play it at the remaining shows. they've been playing Best Thing since it came out, right?

so waiting a week to take that pressure off makes some degree of sense.

edit - this assumes that a new song comes with the announcement. if not, then releasing album details today is certainly possible still.

it makes sense if they aren't confident in playing the new song live yet. i think it's a bit weird if they drop a new single and wouldn't play it at the remaining shows. they've been playing Best Thing since it came out, right?

so waiting a week to take that pressure off makes some degree of sense.

edit - this assumes that a new song comes with the announcement. if not, then releasing album details today is certainly possible still.
They didn't play Best Thing for like 2-3 shows after it's release.

Cause U2.

Hey look, another thread that's turned into a "let's shit on U2" thread with a bunch of people repeating themselves again and again. How original.

The seemingly constant repetition though. For years.

My thing is seeing the exact same people saying the exact same thing in nearly the exact same way about the exact same song if not weekly then monthly. I don't care if people dislike a song. Yeah, got that the first ten times it was mentioned.

Nope. Maybe I've just been here too long and see the same people say the same things about the same songs dozens (hundreds?) of times.

Like raaaaiiiiiiin on your wedding day....

:wink:

They didn't play Best Thing for like 2-3 shows after it's release.

Cause U2.

ah gotcha.

still, that's all i got.

i'm sure we'll get something in the next 10 days. you don't film a video in mexico city with day of the dea... ah nevermind. cause U2 indeed.

at least we'll get the album in 6-8 weeks.

I have to admit that it does make some sense to wait til at least next Friday if they are going to do the new song and album details.
Usually they have call ins to some major stations like Kroq, to coincide with something like this. Probably not what they want to do from their hotel in the middle of a 4 night stadium stand in South America.

And playing the new song on the last 3 dates of the tour in one city doesn't really make much sense either. Let JT wrap, take a very quick breath and head into the next phase.

I have to admit that it does make some sense to wait til at least next Friday if they are going to do the new song and album details.
Usually they have call ins to some major stations like Kroq, to coincide with something like this. Probably not what they want to do from their hotel in the middle of a 4 night stadium stand in South America.

And playing the new song on the last 3 dates of the tour in one city doesn't really make much sense either. Let JT wrap, take a very quick breath and head into the next phase.

Totally 100% agree

Let's all remember once again that U2 didn't play Best Thing for a couple of shows, or Blackout at all, after dropping those songs.

looking it up, best thing only missed one show after its official release before being played.

but yea, who knows really. u2 songs never even said oct. 20 was set in stone for anything. just said thereabouts.

I hope we’re not back to only 11 album tracks with Edge’s reference to 12 songs being The Book Of Your Heart on the deluxe version. Not that it matters...it just does.

Love Is All We Have Left
You’re The Best Thing About Me
The Blackout
Get Out Of Your Own Way
American Soul
Summer Of Love
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
Landlady
Red Flag Day
The Lights Of Home
The Showman
The Little Things That Give You Away