Songs of Experience - Part IV - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:16 AM
Songs of Experience - Part IV

Old thread over 1000

Sounds like Edge is doing punk rock on Uranus

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 03-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Im pretty sure theres no volcano in Uranus...oh wait

Old 03-27-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:16 AM
They're waiting for the brown note to walk into the room
Old 03-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Alternate album titles -

Songs of Relevance
Songs of Hesitation
Old 03-28-2016, 12:44 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 12:16 PM
I haven't kept up to date with tour rumours, but based on whatever they are (and assuming SoE comes out in 2016), roughly when this year would you guys expect the album to be released (or even announced)?
Old 03-28-2016, 12:45 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:16 PM
August / September release most likely I'd say. The tour rumours are for late this year, and they'd need a month to get the songs right on stage

Old 03-28-2016, 01:12 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

atU2 has some rumor coming from other U2 fancies (from South Africa)

https://twitter.com/atu2
Old 03-28-2016, 05:06 AM   #8
Refugee

I've listened to/watched the end of that Fender video like 5 or 6 times now. It really is a "killer groove" and the chorus section has a very "up" sound underneath the Bonglonese.

Hype.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
atU2 has some rumor coming from other U2 fancies (from South Africa)

https://twitter.com/atu2
Makes you wonder if U2's management nixed whatever was going to be said about new music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
August / September release most likely I'd say. The tour rumours are for late this year, and they'd need a month to get the songs right on stage

If the tour is late this year (fall) then I'd expect the release sometime in the summer, to give the songs a chance to sink in before they go out on the road again; not to mention a chance to properly rehearse the new material without it interfering with album promotion.

The final nail on the coffin with Songs of Innocence was the bike crash, thus zero promotion in the US. I think they would want to ensure that's avoided this time around, and let the promos happen prior to the tour and tickets going on sale.

So yea... If a new album is coming this year, I would actually think sooner rather than later. Perhaps June, with a single in May.

Further along it gets, less likely I think it is they release an album in 2016.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

As much as i love the really random Instagram/Facebook pictures they've been putting on my wall, i think i'd rather have an album and tour.

Seriously, some of them are just strange.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

is Bono talking about refugees in relation to his ONE campaign some sort of sign for a new album?
Old 03-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
If the tour is late this year (fall) then I'd expect the release sometime in the summer, to give the songs a chance to sink in before they go out on the road again; not to mention a chance to properly rehearse the new material without it interfering with album promotion.

The final nail on the coffin with Songs of Innocence was the bike crash, thus zero promotion in the US. I think they would want to ensure that's avoided this time around, and let the promos happen prior to the tour and tickets going on sale.

So yea... If a new album is coming this year, I would actually think sooner rather than later. Perhaps June, with a single in May.

I've been wanting to post this but do you think the Bike Accident had an effect on the I/E, show/setlist?

It seemed they were really excited about the 2 show idea and then the bike crash happened. I'm sure this took alot out of the band (especially Bono), SOI momentum, and rehearsal time. Thus restricting the band to just get the best show possible w/ new material. Its just weird that U2 had more rarities/deeper cuts on the 360 tour.

I just think the band wanted to get through the show/tour with Bono's accident. Even though rarities popped up they weren't staples on the tour/setlist ala 360 (UF, Zooropa, Ultraviolet, HMKMKMKM)
Old 03-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

This is what I'm thinking. They'll probably want the songs to have room to breathe: promoting the album in all the ways SoI missed out on, minus the bad press of the forced Apple release, plus ensuring the audience at their next shows are familiar with (and hopefully enjoy) the new material.
I'm sure they're keen to avoid a repeat of 360, where the Nloth songs largely fell flat (I remember bono lamenting, "every night we go out and open with a song no-one knows", referring to breathe).

Plus on top of that, as Dan says, they'll need to practice them live; I'm sure they wouldn't want them to be rusty, especially if they're at the forefront of the setlist.

All of that points to the album actually coming out sooner than I'd dared hope (that is, if it does come out).

Of course, option B is that they want some kind of 'casual', or low key release. Maybe SoE will be a smaller album, or they won't care about having it make a big 'splash' like SoI, or it won't be at the forefront of the setlist, instead accompanying SoI material in a chronological style.
... All of that assumes u2 not wanting to be massive, and not wanting a massive album. So yeah, that's unlikely.

What I do fear is a third option: that they delay touring plans (as they already did for early this year), due to delaying SoE, or, worst case scenario (imo), simply push forward with the tour without completing the album, essentially guaranteeing it is never released.

However, if they are truly on track for an album/tour later this year, we could be getting the album in as little as 3-4 months from now. Holy shit!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Adam in Morocco,Bono in refugee camp, Edge recording things......what are they doing?