Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the opposite to SoI would be just to put it on iTunes without telling anyone.

I've been checking like crazy, but I also ended up downloading a few albums I've been wanting to listen to.

Last edited:
That was Apple and U2's plan all along. Only when you've downloaded everything will SoE be unlocked.

What would suck is if the iHeart thing is just them showcasing the Best Thing song as a single to benefit charity or something alone those lines....not that giving to charity sucks, but we'll know it's another Invisible scenario.

Would they drop a new single or an album if some of the members were at the Julian Lennon thing last night?

I mean, if the work is done, do they all need to be w/in arms reach of eachother and Oseary? Or can they just chill at some event w/o a care in the world and just drop it the next day?

Does that make sense?

The Best Thing (Stop (The Poverty))

Band partners with Wells Fargo this time around

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah I don't think it matters at all where they are. They usually do promo spots or late night performances to sell the album. Maybe a call in to radio station to announce the album date but nothing else really needed to drop a single.

Cr6WSH3UkAEcLR1.jpg:large

I thought Conan O'Brien was tall.

I would think it goes down like this:

-New U2 single is released in some unique way in the next week.
-U2 play iheart festival Sept 24th. Play new single, maybe another new song, & hits. Press praises U2's live performance
-U2 announce new album for Oct/Nov release
-U2 does promo for new album Nov/Dec (Tonight shows, SNL)
-U2 announce 2017 tour in Dec

Why would anyone just refresh iTunes hoping to see it? Whether it's today or not, there will be some sort of announcement. They're not just gonna cut and run here

yeah. i'd expect an email from U2.com / instagram post / twitter post/ facebook post. with the email coming about 2 weeks after the fact.

I love the madness here...:yes:...almost as entertaining as getting a new U2 song...:applaud:

Right? It's nice sitting here at work, with one tab open to Interference, and being able to refresh every few minutes and see a new post. Even if nothing is happening, it beats, you know, work.

It ain't happening today. I'm gonna guess the Monday of the iHeartRadio festival.

that's always been what I heard.. if it was happening, it'd be week of event. likely the 20/21st

This meltdown was such a flop. Lacked the punch I was hoping for. Hasn't been a decent meltdown in this place for months. :down: I hope everyone will up their game when the album drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom