Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the U2 insiders....... :down:.....at least ESPN NFL insiders gets it right once in a while

For today?

For the week? Chrisedge said this week, right? Weekend is still part of the week.

Btw, I have no inside track whatsoever, just dreaming out loud.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

For the week? Chrisedge said this week, right? Weekend is still part of the week.

Btw, I have no inside track whatsoever, just dreaming out loud.

Any precedent for a weekend release?

I don't know. Will it matter a huge deal if they drop it during the weekend? With all the mobile devices these days, does it actually make an impact if people are at work or vacationing somewhere or just decompressing into a comatose state, like me.

Might be sounding like a total idiot here, because I actually have no clue how these things work.

well releasing on Sunday up against the NFL would be pretty dumb, unless they were doing a massive tie-in with the shield. even then, you'd think they'd have debuted it last night if that were the case.

My...i'm sorry. I'm not THAT informed of the names of their security entourage.

Yes, it was a serious question :sexywink:
Oh come on y'all. I've had some sarcasm thrown at me here. There are a ton of inside jokes around here that someone new to this forum simply cannot get... I really wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a joke or sarcasm or whatever. So I simply asked if it was a serious question. No insult here. Brian is Bono's personal security, around his family as well. He's at all shows and pretty much all public appearances. He wasn't with Bono over the summer though. So him being back could actually really mean that they're getting serious.

tumblr_inline_o7nmlidMDi1sz2x5c_500.gif

I'll fuel the flames a bit.. Tonight on NBC is the live "Stand Up To Cancer" program with some musical performances (Celine Dion, Keith Urban, and "more"). The hashtag being promoted is #SU2C

Possible tie-in?

You're fueling the wrong flames, then. :wink: They would be heavily criticized for a tie-in with a program like Stand Up to Cancer, if it meant promoting a new single or album.

SU2C has been the hashtag for the entire campaign, which has been going on for years. So yeah... no.

You're fueling the wrong flames, then. :wink: They would be heavily criticized for a tie-in with a program like Stand Up to Cancer, if it meant promoting a new single or album.

Playing SUC to a National audience needs a Surgeons General Warning

Listening to this song may cause cancer

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't think they'd take away the spotlight from such,an important charity. I think that would be a terrible look.

Lol this is how really bad rumors get started. Love it. No point in even protecting this house anymore. Time to watch it burn.

Amazing how someone can manage to be a consistently preening ass with such little effort.

?

Um, dude? Was all that really necessary? I wasn't preening anything, was just sittin back watching people - including, I guess, you - lose their shit for god knows what reason. I wasn't aware that you harboured this consistent resentment of me. I've been pretty quiet around these parts so not sure what all that's about :shrug:

But fwiw I'll just outright state: I'm not withholding any secret info. Nor am I enjoying this wait any more than the next person.

Try to remain calm gang

I can honestly say without hesitation that they are not involved, unless it was an absolute last minute thing. I know someone involved and they would have told me if U2 were playing.

So baring the incredibly unlikely last minute add? Nah. Not happening.

Lol this is how really bad rumors get started. Love it. No point in even protecting this house anymore. Time to watch it burn.

Why. Are. We. Even. Discussing. This. Idiocy?

Please, find something else to do. Go for a walk.

?

Um, dude? Was all that really necessary? I wasn't preening anything, was just sittin back watching people - including, I guess, you - lose their shit for god knows what reason.

But fwiw I'll just outright state: I'm not withholding any secret info. Nor am I enjoying this wait any more than the next person.

Try to remain calm gang

Oh please. You've done this "I know something" smiley bullshit on enough occasions. Not saying anything but eaving your stamp is a trigger for the bottom-feeders in this subforum and you know it.

So approaching 7:30 eastern I think it's safe to say nothing is happening today.

I still believe we'll see something soon, certainly before iHeartRadio, if only because I have a belief that the can't possibly be as dumb as they were on the last go around... and yea, EVERY OTHER ACT PLAYING THE SHOW IS OR HAS RELEASED NEW MUSIC IN 2016.

that can't possibly be a coincidence

Oh please. You've done this "I know something" smiley bullshit on enough occasions. Not saying anything but eaving your stamp is a trigger for the bottom-feeders in this subforum and you know it.

Sigh. Except in times past I did actually (say something) - and told what I knew. Ironically, only to be roasted for doing so. I used the :corn: emoticon because in this particular instance, that of this huge supposed reveal event this week that others have alluded to - I'm observing it with some popcorn and a healthy dose of fascination (and skepticism) at everyone freaking out about it. Which is why I used the popcorn smiley and not the winkey face (which I know you love so much :wink: )

Ease up man. Let's all breathe a bit here I think we all should have known nothing was comin this week cmon now.

I guess we can at least all agree that chrisedge is a dirty liar and now has as much credibility as U2Valencia?

I've met Chris and I'd hate to think he'd troll us deliberately. Maybe he got bad info.

I think we need to talk more about how invested you got tho Laz..our resident chief of skepticism! You got into this didn't ya?? Happens to the best of us eh lol :hi5:

I got so mad over this I beat my dog.

With everything that has happened, or hasn't happened I think it's safe to ask

I hope Bono is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom