Songs of Experience Episode VII: The Dreamforce Awakens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanchick99

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Still no release date. But it looks like things are moving along for a release in the next 6 months or so.

But there's been some recent news:
The entire band was in LA last weekend doing a photoshoot plus being in studio.

u2-estudio-grabacio%CC%81n-2016.jpg

And of course today's announcement that they will be playing Dreamforce, Salesforce's conference on October 5th.

ma8113.jpg

Last edited:
No clue, but I don't think they'll remain silent until October. It could happen, but I doubt it.

i don't expect a new album or tour would start BEFORE the Dreamforce event but i would wager a guess that they could announce the new album release date and concert dates prior to the Dreamforce event...or even perhaps release the new single prior to the event.

this is just pure speculation.

Still no release date. But it looks like things are moving along for a release in the next 6 months or so.

But there's been some recent news:
The entire band was in LA last weekend doing a photoshoot plus being in studio.

u2-estudio-grabacio%CC%81n-2016.jpg

And of course today's announcement that they will be playing Dreamforce, Salesforce's conference on October 5th.

ma8113.jpg
This guy fucks

If you Dreamforce, then Dreamforce out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Everyday the Dreamforcers die, see what's on the the other side

- Don't believe in Dreamforced Entry don't believe in rape

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

^ Sworn to secrecy, sorry! Have known about it for a longgggggg time. :)

Legitimately trying to remember: have they done any other corporate events before, where they played as a band? Bono & Edge have done one-off events together, if memory serves, but full band events like this seem super rare. I know there was Apple, and in that case, it was done for the ONE and RED campaigns. Similar situation here, where it's a charity benefit. Have there been any others?

^ Sworn to secrecy, sorry! Have known about it for a longgggggg time. :)

Legitimately trying to remember: have they done any other corporate events before, where they played as a band? Bono & Edge have done one-off events together, if memory serves, but full band events like this seem super rare. I know there was Apple, and in that case, it was done for the ONE and RED campaigns. Similar situation here, where it's a charity benefit. Have there been any others?

You are a clandestine warrior. Out-sleuthed Valencia, our Spanish asset

My favorite "I Have a U2 Secret and I Can't Tell You" story comes from a good friend of mine locally.

He works for one of the big cell providers. Before the I+E tour kicked off, he had to set up cell phones for the band to use in North America.

So he had all of U2's phone numbers at hand, all to himself. And he's a huge fan, so he said it was a struggle to avoid temptation.

Think we will have the album announcement/drop at the Apple event in September, and the tour announcement at the Salesforce event in October (since they are tour sponsor).

My favorite "I Have a U2 Secret and I Can't Tell You" story comes from a good friend of mine locally.

He works for one of the big cell providers. Before the I+E tour kicked off, he had to set up cell phones for the band to use in North America.

So he had all of U2's phone numbers at hand, all to himself. And he's a huge fan, so he said it was a struggle to avoid temptation.

I once had the number to Bono's NYC apartment, but I never called it. :reject:

^^^^^I would have just called from a pay phone drunk....'Look, can you please play something from POP?.....Bye.'

We (friend called, my idea to ask for Paul) called Paul M on the morning of December 20, 1987 at the Arizona Biltmore...Woke up groggy...Later I learned of the post-Dec 19th show meeting that was about the movie and what went wrong.

Dreamforce doesn't strike me as the kind of event you build an album / tour announcement around (I just heard of it today, so I may be wrong).

Gut is that this is a one-off wrapped into the broader promo process for the album / tour. Or from the guest list of this event (Bill and Melinda Gates) it may just be a favor.

Speculating is fun.

Does Dreamforce maybe point to a fall North America tour? If there's going to be a tour, it will be around that time, and the band may not want to shove a San Francisco show in between European shows (although obviously it could happen, see: Glastonbury).

Fall NA is tough given that most arenas have an NBA and/or NHL team playing there. I'm sure more crazy dedicated fans than I have already checked venue availability for that time period.

Also, for the past few tours, U2 has put shows on sale very early, like 6 to 9 months early. They'd need to be announcing very soon.

Slide show, seaside town.
Coca-cola, football dreamforce, dreamforce, dreamforce, dreamforce, dreamforce, dreamforce, dreamforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom