Songs of Experience Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Bono said so during the show? If so, very exciting! I'd be down for a spiritual successor to the Joshua Tree cover. B&W, all the lads in the photo, barren/neutral background, etc.

Last edited:
Sure is! But when it's happening is anyone's guess! I'm sure not even U2 themselves quite yet know when they will release the album! But one thing is certain this has a totally different feel then the whole SOA thing! It does feel like SOE will happen for sure!

Yeah. The fact that they're taking album cover shots, usually a good sign. Pretty excited and hope it's as good as SOI

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

My out-of-my-ass guess is that the album would come out just prior to the start of a 2016 leg, which would mean early 2016.

My wild guess is the album drops during the Dublin gigs to coincide with Black Friday sales. Or, more likely, it drops in March/April.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My out-of-my-ass guess is that the album would come out just prior to the start of a 2016 leg, which would mean early 2016.

Same here. Hopefully they take a chance and ride the good vibes this tour is giving them. The early impressions from Adam Scott Aukerman were good too.

Here's what Bono said during the concert:"I told the crowd last night that we had this marvelous day out on the beach... a few days ago but I couldn't remember the name. (beach name here) Beautiful setting sun and we took some photographs which we hope might be the album artwork for our next album Songs of Experience so... we were shooting with Anton Corbijn. He's an incredible part of our band, in fact he'd be in the band if he wasn't so tall."

Last edited:
I'm not expecting this in the first half of 2016, to be honest. Leaning more towards the second half.

Second half wouldn't make any sense.

Christmas would shock me, but I won't put anything past them.

March-ish 2016 makes the most sense.

My wild guess is the album drops during the Dublin gigs to coincide with Black Friday sales. Or, more likely, it drops in March/April.

No chance IMO, haha. Best case scenario is next spring right before the new tour starts.

Second half wouldn't make any sense.

Christmas would shock me, but I won't put anything past them.

March-ish 2016 makes the most sense.

Fall 2013 made the most sense for SOI at one point...

When U2 were recording in New York and had a rooftop listening party for various friends and record industry people in the summer of 2013, it seemed that a fall release was a LOCK. But in reality, that was the very event where Jimmy Iovine told them they needed to explore a different direction. So the album that would've came out in 2013 wouldn't have been like the SOI album we eventually got, but it probably still would've been a good album.

Maybe this time Guy O'seary will send them an email from his L.A. office that says "Dear (insert client name here), please refrain from releasing new material until Madonna is finished with her current tour, as to not take away her spotlight. Thank you, valued client. Guy O."

My guess would be they will announce first round of shows for 2016, then on sale, the announce album, then add dates on the back of increased demand. Look at March I'd say. They won't go back to Europe and America that soon without releasing a new album

My guess would be they will announce first round of shows for 2016, then on sale, the announce album, then add dates on the back of increased demand. Look at March I'd say. They won't go back to Europe and America that soon without releasing a new album

I would certainly go along with this whole scenario.

When U2 were recording in New York and had a rooftop listening party for various friends and record industry people in the summer of 2013, it seemed that a fall release was a LOCK. But in reality, that was the very event where Jimmy Iovine told them they needed to explore a different direction.

Yeah we've been here before, haven't we? Bono gets overexcited, turns the hyperbole up to eleven. There's a flurry of photoshoots, listening parties, folks with "insider information" crawling out of the woodwork...and then nothing. They may release it next year, but it's just as likely the dreaded cold feetalitis will strike again.

What would make sense: March 2016.
What may happen: fall 2015, to benefit from the Christmas period and the excellent reviews IE Tour is getting from everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom