Songs of Experience Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe them about SOE, but I wouldn't expect it until next year.

But I would be very skeptical about a third album called Songs of Ascent. It will be time for them to think about moving on sonically.

Maybe, Songs of Ascent will end up being a club CD featuring some of the demo versions and tracks which didn't make it from 2008 to present.

Wasn't beautiful ghost alternatively titled "introduction to songs of experience" ?

Sounds like it's a title that they've been wanting to use for a long time.

I really like this new material from a thematic point of view (youth vs experience etc) seems entirely appropriate at this point. Let's hope part two isn't too far down the line :up:

I believe them about SOE, but I wouldn't expect it until next year.

But I would be very skeptical about a third album called Songs of Ascent. It will be time for them to think about moving on sonically.

Maybe, Songs of Ascent will end up being a club CD featuring some of the demo versions and tracks which didn't make it from 2008 to present.

It would be great to get SOA from the fanclub! But be cautious to get an u2 overkill...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Paul McGuinness on the new U2 album and 2015 tour plans | Music | News | Hot Press

Well the tour is in the summer of 2015 so there's a good chance the album will come out before the tour.

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

Not if they want to follow the method they used with Achtung/Zooropa. I see a lot of advantage to letting Soi have it's moment in the sun and then releasing Soe half-way through the tour.

Who wants to have the two albums fighting each other for spots in the setlist? Not me.

Not if they want to follow the method they used with Achtung/Zooropa. I see a lot of advantage to letting Soi have it's moment in the sun and then releasing Soe half-way through the tour.

Who wants to have the two albums fighting each other for spots in the setlist? Not me.

That's true if they try and play all the songs at one point or another on the 1st leg of the tour.

This is awesome! We have a new album in our hands and still discussing and speculating when the next one comes out! And we know it will come butt except now I have all the excitement about that but don't care how long it takes cos we got the new album!!! AMAZING period to be a U2 fan! Bring on soe! I wonder what songs will come out of that one! After every album release I prepare myself for a longgg wait. Now I can be excited about a new album coming out possibly soon while having a new album presently!

Ok sorry I'm blabbing! I love this band!

Songs of Experience announced. Maybe?

So it might be interesting to see what songs / titles may appear in this album. I suppose anything they've worked on over the last 10 years is a chance.

All My Life
Mercy
North Star
Stingray Guitar
The Light (though this could easily have turned into song for someone or iris)
The Sacred Heart of Malibu (could have become California)
Mother of Pearl
Mount Zion
I'll Believe Her when She Sings
Last Night She Talked to Angels
Pilgrims Lack of Progress (PLOP)

Have I missed any?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My guess is they'll use SOE to re-invigorate the tour part-way through. First, they'll want to see how the SOI stuff is working and get it down. And then when the tour needs a boost, we'll see the new stuff.

Just a hunch. Because I really felt last time they wished they had good new stuff to throw in as the tour dragged on.

When does U2's tour usually starts? March? If that's the case, there will be six months between the release of SOI and the start of the tour, so my guess is SOE will be released before the tour...

When does U2's tour usually starts? March? If that's the case, there will be six months between the release of SOI and the start of the tour, so my guess is SOE will be released before the tour...

360 started in June. It's usually 3-5 months after the album. I really think they will try and finish SOE (and if the latest rumours are the be believed SOTBA as well) this year, release one before the tour, and one after the first go round (2 legs down). So possibly we are looking at album feb/mar, tour April to Oct through NA and Europe album in the break, kick off a NA, Europe, rest of world in feb/mar 2016.

But, will it beat the competition?

71327-albums388-picture2984.jpg

I'd like to thank Elvis, Sicy, Jick, DB9, Fake Edge, Mrs. Garrison, Zoney!, Ouizy, U2Kitten, the night manager at FYE in northeastern Ohio, retractable roofed stadiums, anonymous sources, the guy who answers the phone at your church, the Seattle Mariners' one big bat, that chick who asked if Bono was okay, the color blue, the staff at Kuntsmuseum, Roger Goodell, fake Fisher, faker Fisher, Hewson's pick em thread, and Martha. Finally a very special thanks to all those who helped to protect this house. We heard you coming. Click clack.

-B

I'd like to thank Elvis, Sicy, Jick, DB9, Fake Edge, Mrs. Garrison, Zoney!, Ouizy, U2Kitten, the night manager at FYE in northeastern Ohio, retractable roofed stadiums, anonymous sources, the guy who answers the phone at your church, the Seattle Mariners' one big bat, that chick who asked if Bono was okay, the color blue, the staff at Kuntsmuseum, Roger Goodell, fake Fisher, faker Fisher, Hewson's pick em thread, and Martha. Finally a very special thanks to all those who helped to protect this house. We heard you coming. Click clack.

-B

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

360 started in June. It's usually 3-5 months after the album. I really think they will try and finish SOE (and if the latest rumours are the be believed SOTBA as well) this year, release one before the tour, and one after the first go round (2 legs down). So possibly we are looking at album feb/mar, tour April to Oct through NA and Europe album in the break, kick off a NA, Europe, rest of world in feb/mar 2016.

I must have missed this one. Can someone explain what the rumored SOTBA is?

If they do manage to release another album in short order, expect to pay for it. I think Songs of Innocence was their foot in their door for a new audience, and if they've hooked anyone with a free album, it only make sense to do something more traditional next time 'round.

Although, I'd argue there's a narrow window between giving people time between listening and absorbing Innocence and losing their attention for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom