Songs Of Experience 9 (albums aborted and counting...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if KOL got any other producers to pigeon, oops I mean "pitch in".

There's the pigeon joke. No it's apparently just Marcus Dravs. First time they have ever gone with someone new which is intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Guy Oseary just posted a picture on Instagram a few minutes ago showing a Maverick manager's meeting with a big team around a board table. Hopefully plotting the fall roll-out! :D

Guy Oseary just posted a picture on Instagram a few minutes ago showing a Maverick manager's meeting with a big team around a board table. Hopefully plotting the fall roll-out! :D
Or the fall out from a botched roll out!

I keep seeing that article popping up on Facebook of Bono "announcing" the album and the tour for next year and for a moment get excited until I realise it's just recycling those Bono quotes from 6 weeks ago. It's worded like it's the real deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Kings of Leon's new album comes out October 14th, and we won't hear the first single until tomorrow (Sept 9). Meanwhile, Metallica's new album comes out Nov 18th, and they debuted their new songs in late August. The point is that there is no real format to follow. If the album comes out in November, as has been rumored, we could not hear anything until mid October, if they go the KOL route! Imagine knowing nothing for another month!!

I guess all we can really do is countdown until Sept 23rd and hope that we have answers between now and then. I personally have had a long, hot, shitty summer, and could use some new U2 music in my life.

Complete silence over the past several days...

Just a thought: The NFL begins tonight...perhaps there is a tie in with the NFL? If so, you'd anticipate some sort of a rocker for the first single (think Vertigo, GOYB, Elevation etc)

Complete silence over the past several days...

Just a thought: The NFL begins tonight...perhaps there is a tie in with the NFL? If so, you'd anticipate some sort of a rocker for the first single (think Vertigo, GOYB, Elevation etc)

I doubt it...on the other hand, complete silence is a very good indicator that the guys are back at work, prepping something by Sept 23rd. All in all, it's good news that it's imminent. :hyper:

We've been down this road before...

It is unlikely U2 will waste a single launch on an event/sport that is only followed in the US. The Superb Owl is a totally different thing - it is watched internationally, but virtually no other games are.

They will either go fully traditional, or look for something global to launch.

It is unlikely U2 will waste a single launch on an event/sport that is only followed in the US. The Superb Owl is a totally different thing - it is watched internationally, but virtually no other games are.

I suppose they missed the boat with the Olympics this year.

Which global options do we have?

iHeart/Dreamforce are rather a US market thing , it will be mentioned but in Europe I don't think many will care about this event.

The Apple Music Festival (18-30 Sept London) might get more coverage here

Well, tonight will likely be the highest rated TV show in the US not named the Super Bowl, so it's not impossible, but if they were going to do it we would have heard some rumblings already... which we haven't, so it's incredibly unlikely.

I wouldn't be stunned if we got some news today though... even if it's just a subtle social media message or an email.

Frankly the only thing that would truly stun me is getting to the iHeartRadio show date without the single having been released yet.

And I'm starting to think that this is how it's gonna go down.
It would be an incredibly stupid move. Plus we know The Best Thing is out there and has already been remixed, which wouldn't happen if it wasn't a finished product. It's not a Kygo song... if it were he'd have full rights to it and it wouldn't have gotten pulled off YouTube, and likely would have been released by now. That it hasn't, and that he hasn't played it since, is clear indication that it's a U2 song that Kygo did a remix for.

So either they're releasing something very very soon or they got cold feet again. My money is still on a release very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom