Songs Of Experience 9 (albums aborted and counting...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an incredibly stupid move. Plus we know The Best Thing is out there and has already been remixed, which wouldn't happen if it wasn't a finished product. It's not a Kygo song... if it were he'd have full rights to it and it wouldn't have gotten pulled off YouTube, and likely would have been released by now. That it hasn't, and that he hasn't played it since, is clear indication that it's a U2 song that Kygo did a remix for.

So either they're releasing something very very soon or they got cold feet again. My money is still on a release very soon.

yep yep

There were definite rumblings in August that suggested the single would be launched on iheart stations on Sept 20 or 21. The idea being that they would play the crap out of it, in advance of the gig.

Some informed folks here are now saying it might be this week, evidently, which gives the song that much more time to be exposed. awesome.

but the plan was never to launch the single at the gig. Word is that this is a big Radio Friendly™ song. Like, get your dancing shoes on, kinda big. They want people hearing it on radio first, repeatedly. heavy rotation.

iheart were happy to oblige the band's desire. Band agreed to play this gig. everyone wins.

IF the plan is still to release a new single this month, we'll surely get it before the gig. This plan may have changed. New rumblings suggest as much. We're just hoping that this is all misdirection, and that Chrisedge has got the real deal scoop

Last edited:
yep yep

There were definite rumblings in August that suggested the single would be launched on iheart stations on Sept 20 or 21. The idea being that they would play the crap out of it, in advance of the gig.

Some informed folks here are now saying it might be this week, evidently, which gives the song that much more time to be exposed. awesome.

but the plan was never to launch the single at the gig. Word is that this is a big Radio Friendly™ song. Like, get your dancing shoes on, kinda big. They want people hearing it on radio first, repeatedly. heavy rotation.

iheart were happy to oblige the band's desire. Band agreed to play this gig. everyone wins.

IF the plan is still to release a new single this month, we'll surely get it before the gig. This plan may have changed. New rumblings suggest as much. We're just hoping that this is all misdirection, and that Chrisedge has got the real deal scoop

I don't see what has changed from a few days ago, other than a few posters wondering why it hasn't arrived yet. We had the Apple event pass, but that was always the slightest of slight chances. Other than that it's still another 4 days til the end of the week. And even that passing isn't the biggest deal in the world.

Slow news day, bit of googling of U2 related folk, found this:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/declan-gaffney-489a7818

Declan says he has been working with U2 for the last two years in the studio and on the road.

I don't have access to his full profile, and I know its not exactly totally surprising given his involvement in hauling SOI over the line at the end. But still, nice to see he has actually been in the studio again with them, especially as he is more of an end of process kind of technician/producer/mixer?

Slow news day, bit of googling of U2 related folk, found this:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/declan-gaffney-489a7818

Declan says he has been working with U2 for the last two years in the studio and on the road.

I don't have access to his full profile, and I know its not exactly totally surprising given his involvement in hauling SOI over the line at the end. But still, nice to see he has actually been in the studio again with them, especially as he is more of an end of process kind of technician/producer/mixer?

Not positive, but I think that is an old description.. like, written back during late 2000s

Not positive, but I think that is an old description.. like, written back during late 2000s

Quite possible RD, and it could just as easily be referring to time in the studio on SOI and then on the road after for the i+e tour? Not sure if there is a time stamp on it if you access the full profile. Would make sense if he was still working with them however.

I don't see what has changed from a few days ago, other than a few posters wondering why it hasn't arrived yet. We had the Apple event pass, but that was always the slightest of slight chances. Other than that it's still another 4 days til the end of the week. And even that passing isn't the biggest deal in the world.

This. The band hasn't said anything about the single, so even if we don't get one (which I think we will) I don't think it's an issue. Will be disappointed for sure because of the expectation, but can't connect that to the band.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom