Songs Of Experience 9 (albums aborted and counting...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry does what Larry wants. He's said before, he's in a band to lay drums and not to be famous.

Before one of the LA I+E shows, Bono was out back talking to fans. Someone told Bono to tell Larry he has to come outside and meet with us.

Bono laughed and said: Therein lies the problem. Larry doesn't HAVE TO do anything that he doesn't want to do.

Pretty much shut that down.

To Larry credit, he did come out and meet fans on one or two of the nights in LA. He shook hands and was friendly.

So I'm for letting LMJ do what he wants / when he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thx to you and the other poster for more background -- so was I dreaming or misinterpreting when I inferred somewhere along the road that he's had some health issues.

Dunno, but it seems possible that 40 years of drumming might cause some sort of repetitive motion injury.

Bono looks a bit like Ozzy Ozbourne with those glasses.....almost September.

Crickets, indeed. Just as I was about to start joining the mix again because of things starting to heat up. I'm sure this was discussed, but are we of the consensus that the Best Thing version we've heard was just the Kygo remix and not what we'll get on the album (aside from maybe as a bonus track)?

Crickets, indeed. Just as I was about to start joining the mix again because of things starting to heat up. I'm sure this was discussed, but are we of the consensus that the Best Thing version we've heard was just the Kygo remix and not what we'll get on the album (aside from maybe as a bonus track)?

Of course we can't be 100%, but I can say with 99% certainty that is not the album version. We have heard a snippet of a non-remixed version that more than likely is the album version.

Taken from spainish VU2 website. Latest update on Songs of experience. Mentions new track called wake up and dream? Songs of Experience" is the continuation of the album "Songs Of Innocence" released in September 2014. It is currently being finalized.

Part of the album may have been recorded between the Electric Lady Studios and Pull Studios of New York, The Church Studios and Assault and Battery in London, Shangri-La and The Woodshed Los Angeles, Strahmore House Dublin and a mobile studio in Vancouver.

Producers: Andy Barlow, Jolyon Thomas, Ryan Tedder, Jacknife Lee, Flood, Skrillex

Estimated Release Date: September-November 2016

Experience Tour: Scheduled for October 2016

provisional song titles:

"Red Flag Day" with the production of Andy Barlow
"Civilization" with the production of Andy Barlow
"Instrument Flying" with the production of Andy Barlow
"The Light"
"Mount Zion"
"I'll Believe Her When She Sings"
"If I Could Live My Life Again"
"Love Is All We Have Left"
"North Star"
"Lead Me In The Way I Should Go"
"You Can not Give Away Your Heart"
"Wake Up And Dream"
" Tightrope ":wave:

Taken from spainish VU2 website. Latest update on Songs of experience. Mentions new track called wake up and dream? Songs of Experience" is the continuation of the album "Songs Of Innocence" released in September 2014. It is currently being finalized.

Part of the album may have been recorded between the Electric Lady Studios and Pull Studios of New York, The Church Studios and Assault and Battery in London, Shangri-La and The Woodshed Los Angeles, Strahmore House Dublin and a mobile studio in Vancouver.

Producers: Andy Barlow, Jolyon Thomas, Ryan Tedder, Jacknife Lee, Flood, Skrillex

provisional song titles:

"The Light"
"Mount Zion"
"North Star"
"Wake Up And Dream"
lol oh ok.

provisional song titles:

"The Light"
"Mount Zion"
"North Star"
"Wake Up And Dream"

Where's The Best Thing? Is it a Kygo song? :hmm:

One the best U2 songs in the last ten years called Winter. Winter was used in the film called Brothers. It did not make the cut for No line on the horizon album.

annnnnnyway...

I think it would be a bit of a mistake for U2 to wait until a couple days before iHeart to debut the new single, but I mean, I guess it probably doesn't matter too much unless it's a top 40 hit. not like the iHeart crowd will know it either way in such a short time frame (3 weeks, 3 days, doesn't matter).

my guess is to get them into it, they'll just have the lyric video like Kygo did. Could hear some people trying to sing the chorus in one of the clips.

provisional song titles:

"The Light"
"Mount Zion"
"North Star"
"Wake Up And Dream"

This is bullshit. Names lifted from the atu2 new album list. We already know that "Lead Me In the Way I Should Go" is "The Morning After Innocence" - which incidentally isn't mentioned

I wish U2 would do something grounding like english electronic band Autechre. They have just released 5 albums at once called Elseq 1-5! That is 5 albums! :wave:

The song title of wake up and dream comes from this photo of The Edge?

The song title of wake up and dream comes from this photo of The Edge?

Which photo? The link is broken.

And I don't think anyone is saying that title is right or wrong, just that the info posted by that website is confirmation of nothing - most likely just a half-arsed amalgamation of a few different sources.

Thx to you and the other poster for more background -- so was I dreaming or misinterpreting when I inferred somewhere along the road that he's had some health issues.

Dunno, but it seems possible that 40 years of drumming might cause some sort of repetitive motion injury.

Bono looks a bit like Ozzy Ozbourne with those glasses.....almost September.
Oh he does have health issues. But he's had those for a long time now. What people tried to tell you is that that's not the reason for his "absence". He just likes his privacy. He rarely goes out to meet fans, even on tour. So off tour he stays out of the public eye as much as he can.

Last edited:
Obviously that post is BS. But I'm wondering if there's any chance North Star will see the light of day. I mean, EBW did end up on SOI after all.

Obviously that post is BS. But I'm wondering if there's any chance North Star will see the light of day. I mean, EBW did end up on SOI after all.

North Star is much older (mentioned before HTDAAB) and also much shitter. I'd hope to hear a studio version for completeness, but not wasting a slot on this album

North Star is much older (mentioned before HTDAAB) and also much shitter. I'd hope to hear a studio version for completeness, but not wasting a slot on this album

Don't talk about North Star like that, it's great!!!!

provisional song titles:

"The Light"
"Mount Zion"
"North Star"
"Wake Up And Dream"

This is NOT on U2Valencias website!

Interesting note on the studios.. That part is new, and I'm pretty sure is correct.

The rest is pure guessing, as others have said

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom