Songs of Experience 36 - Now with 20% fewer acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good News: my 3 year old is actively singing a song off the new album and asking me to pay it : hyper:

Bad News: It's American Soul :reject:

That’s hilarious- my three year old son asks me to play American Soul every single day in the car. But I don’t hate the song like most people around here.

Someone on the last thread said that U2 won’t hit number one cause Swift is releasing her album to streaming tomorrow.
But I don’t think that will put her in the top spot. I still think Chris Stapleton will be number one and U2 number two. But hope I’m wrong.

Who cares about the charts anyway.....

Some of us around here like to chart watch :). But I know it doesn’t equate to quality

I would like to see them get this number one because I believe it would make them the only band (and possibly artist) to have a number one in 4 different decades. Pretty cool.

Some of us around here like to chart watch :). But I know it doesn’t equate to quality

I would like to see them get this number one because I believe it would make them the only band (and possibly artist) to have a number one in 4 different decades. Pretty cool.

They will hit #1......it would have been close without the ticket bundle but with it I think they easily do it.

But I'm out of touch when it comes to album sales post NLOTH, so we will see.

U2 will end up 3 probably

Now hearing the Chris Stapleton is in the mix, it could be tight. Stapleton's last album did ~200K, and I don't expect to U2 to do much more than that. I saw him perform in Charlottesville and he was good.

Swift only did 250K this week; since she debut over a million last week I have no idea how much of bump she'll get from streaming. It seems like the people who wanted the album got it, but who knows?

But ATYCLB debuted at #3 too, so nbd. I'm more interested in the equivalent unit number. Album's don't sell unless you're huge or its a sleeper hit, but I'd be concerned if its much less than 150K

Last edited:
Stapleton is pretty good but Jason Isbell is the better artist. He’s an incredible lyricist and the band is amazing live. Stapleton is a bit too mainstream country for my taste.

We should all be so lucky that Stapleton would be considered mainstream country, seeing as that genre is mired in overproduced pop shit.

I don't believe he's tying an album sale to each ticket sale, so if he pulls a number one over U2 he actually earned it.

True. Well, mainstream by my standards. Not a big country fan but like Wilco, Ryan Adams, and Isbell a lot and they incorporate some country elements. And Johnny Cash, of course.

Been listening for almost a week now and I'm still weirdly excited for the release, lol. Might not get many more of these, enjoy everybody!

Said it at the end of the other thread, but Lights of Home String Version really clicked for me today, I might like it more than the album version. The chorus just bowls you over with the epic sounding strings, and it keeps the end of the song (best part) roughly the same. Big fan of that version, would love to see it done live somehow.

I played with Stapleton's Star Wars toys and watched his James Bond DVDs when I was a kid

- fun fact from Kentucky

Back
Top Bottom