Songs of Experience 36 - Now with 20% fewer acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys, does Target have SOE in stores yet? Because I'm planning to get it today, but I'm not sure if the store closest to me has it yet.

Target had the Deluxe edition available.

I'm up to my 2nd listen and I dig every track. No skippers for me. :wink:

I really enjoyed the new mix of Ordinary Love. Love it more than the original.

My college roommate is watching them right now. Sent me a vid of 10 seconds of Get Out Of Your Own Way. Says there’s a dozen people there.

I absolutely think 13 is the best song on the album. And their best song in quite some time. It's a complete heartwrench. Wanting to hear a song and yet not somehow feel up to it is the best compliment an artist can be paid.

Serious respect to this band. They took my least favorite song from SOI and used it in one of my top 3 songs on SOE.

Have to say the liner notes by Bono are a great read. Passionate and poetic but with a sense of realism too. I would love to read his memoir one day. I think people would be surprised at how good a writer he can be. Like Springsteen. Springsteen’s book was awesome - now that man can write.

"The truth can be awkward." Well, that's not exactly how Lamar pronounces it. He can't pronounce it, actually. Unable. Why put this goof on the record, sandwiched between two songs? (rhetorical) A desperate reach by U2.

Have to say the liner notes by Bono are a great read. Passionate and poetic but with a sense of realism too. I would love to read his memoir one day. I think people would be surprised at how good a writer he can be. Like Springsteen. Springsteen’s book was awesome - now that man can write.

That's good to hear. I remember being impressed by the SOI liner notes too.

Wow, those little mini documentaries on Spotify in the "This Is U2" playlist are amazingly well produced. You all should definitely go and watch those.

"The truth can be awkward." Well, that's not exactly how Lamar pronounces it. He can't pronounce it, actually. Unable. Why put this goof on the record, sandwiched between two songs? (rhetorical) A desperate reach by U2.
do you support the making great of America? Again, that is.

Last edited:
Is anyone else listening to the album on a Friday night and ignoring friends and family?--asking for a friend

Springsteen's book was truly marvelous. Everything I expected and more from The Boss. I'd love to read a memoir from Bono. His engaging charisma whether in word or when spoken is a true gift. That Gay Byrne interview he did a few years ago was a perfect example.

Is anyone else listening to the album on a Friday night and ignoring friends and family?--asking for a friend

Listening to Love is Bigger right now. This song makes me smile uncontrollably and THAT is what I look for in a U2 song.

I also really like the electronic “oh, oh, oh” parts. Hell....I really like everything about this song.

Serious respect to this band. They took my least favorite song from SOI and used it in one of my top 3 songs on SOE.
Those sneaky guys w an ace or 2 (?3+) still up their sleeves.

Have to finish the last ?1/4 of Bruce's book. It has been a great read!
A bunch of Springsteen's lyrics have so interesting, vivid, colorful, funny through the decades that it's not that surprising to me that he's a good writer

Not necessarily. Maybe they like each other as artists. And so what KL don't pronounce it "correctly".

Target will be my go to tomorrow or Sunday. Can't wait to hear SOE in full sound, and complete at last! :hyper:

Last edited:
Having finally heard CD quality, I’m liking Landlady, Red Flag Day, Little Things, and (surprisingly) Blackout. But where are the guitars?? And my god just pumping the breaks a little on Bono’s vocals and putting them deeper into the mix would do wonders to the quality of these songs. There’s some interesting textures but inevitably it BECOMES BONOOOOO

Something just ocurred to me. The fact that people keep repeating that SOE is far from the heights of JT or AB just shows the quality of these records. JT may well be the best album of time for christ sake. At least to me it is. And AB for me is the best album since it was released at least. Probably Nervermind is "more important" and Ok Computer get even better reviews but none has the same lasting power and its influence is all over even today. You can't say that about Nevermind.
In the end we are talking about 2 of the biggest landmarks not just in rock music, but popular music in general. How you top that? How you get can get close to that?

To me SOE is a wonderful effort, the best album of 2017 by far. To the critics who desagree, well, they can keep kissing Taylor's ass. Her music, together with 95% of the music delivered these days can't even be mentioned in the same sentence with U2.

Last edited:
Listening to Love is Bigger right now. This song makes me smile uncontrollably and THAT is what I look for in a U2 song.

I also really like the electronic “oh, oh, oh” parts. Hell....I really like everything about this song.

Okay, I'm finally liking this song!!! And that's a major hook in this song with that 'oh' part. Can't believe I came around to this song in less than 24 hours.

Anyone expecting better than this was beyond unrealistic. Anyone disliking this - well, modern U2 just isn’t for them. That’s fine, too.

My CD won't be here till Monday from Amazon. Listened to some clips already from YouTube and very intrigued and excited! Would love if someone could send me a link to download them :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom