Songs of Ascent V - The Final Bell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, but it started off with him saying it used to be a great song and had become "kinda crap."

Again, opinions yada yada yada, but even understanding where he's coming from, it read to me like "the song used to be great and now it's crap."

I guess I'm too literal. :)

I mean that song is crap - when compared to what it used to be. (FOR ME)

I am going a little farther. I think the way its performed has changed.

Well, yeah. Because of the way the band presents it, and seems to allow it to be presented, otherwise.

Sort of related, it drove me NUTS that Running To Stand Still was dedicated to "the troops" on the Vertigo tour. Wtf, the troops were addicted to heroin?

Yeah, that bugged me a lot.

Well, yeah. Because of the way the band presents it, and seems to allow it to be presented, otherwise.

Sort of related, it drove me NUTS that Running To Stand Still was dedicated to "the troops" on the Vertigo tour. Wtf, the troops were addicted to heroin?

Yeah, that bugged me a lot.

Hahahaa! We can only assume that's what he meant!

BTW: Running To Stand Still is an example of a U2 song I think is CLEARLY better than One! And always was....

I was only offended by the intrusive, tinny PLINK PLINK PLINK of Bono's guitar during those performances.

It's just a perfect example of how they let meanings evolve over time. They're the composers and if anyone should be allowed to change the meaning, it should be them. But maybe I'm perfectly content with the old meaning.

Get off my lawn, you kids! :madwife:

It's just a perfect example of how they let meanings evolve over time. They're the composers and if anyone should be allowed to change the meaning, it should be them. But maybe I'm perfectly content with the old meaning.

Get off my lawn, you kids! :madwife:

If the Best of 1990-2000 taught us anything it should have taught us that U2 shouldn't always be in charge of the evolution of their songs.

"And no question she knows why!"

It doesn't make an ounce of sense to put out the album this year if they can't get it out before the tour resumes.

The only choices, IMO, are that they finish it and put it out around the resumption of the tour (maybe even extend the tour if it does well) or that they hold on to it and work on it for the next year or so after the tour ends.

Album in June of 2010 or 2012.

Absolutely, these are the only two options I can see.

A song is either Great or it isn't, it can't be great one day and not the next, or even the next year. Only your opinion changes.
Is One a truly Great song? Yes. Is it u2's best song? I don't think so, I don't think it's the best song on Achtung Baby, but it's still a Great song, one that will always be considered Great by any standards.

A song is either Great or it isn't, it can't be great one day and not the next, or even the next year. Only your opinion changes.
Is One a truly Great song? Yes. Is it u2's best song? I don't think so, I don't think it's the best song on Achtung Baby, but it's still a Great song, one that will always be considered Great by any standards.

I don't think you understood a word I said... :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom