Songs of Ascent V - The Final Bell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like your thinking. the band easily could have released Moment Of Surrender last year November or December, but chose not to.

or not to... yet. I think if we see a fourth single, then it means death to a 2010 album release. As long as we don't see the next single from No Line, all is good and the band are working hard to get SOA, or whatever it may be called, ready for lift off.

i think we can definitely rule out a 4th single from NLOTH. Crazy Tonight was released as a single in August of 2009. i just don't see them releasing another one after that long of a break. maybe Winter will get a single release, though.

Reading through this thread you'd think that U2 is dead and that they've lost their touch they don't have any creativity left. :scratch:

We just heard that McGuyinness thinks the new album is for June and Edge and Bono both seem really excited about how things are going.:hyper:

I could see them releasing MOS as a single closer to when the tour kicks back up to get some more airplay, since the album will be over a year old.

Unfortunately, it sounds like "something new" could be a one-off single. Or (much better) an EP.

MOS, the best u2 song in a decade by many accounts, not being released as a single is strange. Must be they didn't want to butcher perfection for radio airplay, or as some have suggested, they have new material they are going to release as a single.

If they release "Winter" i would be amazed, as this song didn't *sound* like single material to me. Then again, what single material is today is anyones guess.

That said i would be shocked if they didnt release something before the start of the tour.

~Denny Krane

in regards to Interference, i am scared to see this place if we don't get anything new before the tour.

I'm afraid to see my house if that doesn't happen! :reject:

i just fear that if it doesn't happen, we'll be waiting for much, much longer. it's one thing for it to not happen in June, but it's only delayed till October. it's another for it to be delayed till 2012.

i just fear that if it doesn't happen, we'll be waiting for much, much longer. it's one thing for it to not happen in June, but it's only delayed till October. it's another for it to be delayed till 2012.

If we don't get it by June, I think all bets are off......

And they saved all of those tracks from being B-sides in 2009 for nothing...
And only released 3 singles from NLOTH for nothing.....

:(

If we don't get it by June, I think all bets are off......

And they saved all of those tracks from being B-sides in 2009 for nothing...
And only released 3 singles from NLOTH for nothing.....

:(

yeah, i normally defend the band, but if that happens, i'm afraid i'll be in the "omg!!11 i hate u2 but still post at a u2 forum" crew.

Maybe a MOS ep is in the cards for a backup plan. If things get delayed, push the 4th single with some live stuff and a couple of actual "real" B-sides before the tour restarts. Almost like a Popheart ep, but with a couple of new (old) studio cuts added.

Guys lets not rule things out just yet, that seems to be the main thing from a lot of people on here, when in actual fact the most recent news we have had was Bono and Paul Mc saying they are hoping to have the album out in JUNE,

for once can you not focus on the positive?

i think best case we would get an EP by May. I would take that instead of them trying to force an album by June, which has a better chance of being scrapped. Playing songs that haven't been released yet is a bad idea. Not a bad idea for club shows or maybe arena shows but I read enough complaining about "deadspace" at the shows. What really bothers me about an album as well is they have not mentioned producers for it. I know that a lot of material for "horizon" already has the sonic fingerprints of Lanois, Eno, and Lillywhite, but with the new songs they don't have anyone as of yet. We need an announcement by the end of the month or all bets are off. IMO

i think best case we would get an EP by May. I would take that instead of them trying to force an album by June, which has a better chance of being scrapped. Playing songs that haven't been released yet is a bad idea. Not a bad idea for club shows or maybe arena shows but I read enough complaining about "deadspace" at the shows. What really bothers me about an album as well is they have not mentioned producers for it. I know that a lot of material for "horizon" already has the sonic fingerprints of Lanois, Eno, and Lillywhite, but with the new songs they don't have anyone as of yet. We need an announcement by the end of the month or all bets are off. IMO

i agree. i would almost rather take the NLOTH outtakes as an EP than get a mixed album full of old and new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom