Songs of Ascent: the lost album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Series of tweets from 30 minutes ago - Edge talked to KRoq regarding the postponement and new material:

Edge: "We wrote a lot of songs, one of them was a tune inspired by the Glastonbury Festival. People will have to wait a while to hear it."

Edge: "We have a lot of new songs and we're very excited."

Edge: "We're very excited about our next project. Our question now is What's the quickest way we can get this stuff out?"

Edge: "It's so about this moment. We almost don't want to wait until we put a new CD together, but we'll see."

So according to Edge on the radio just now: :hmm: (I didn't get to the radio in time to hear it, so just copying what atu2 reported:

"We're 95% confident that Bono will be back in time for our European leg."

"The doctors are saying minimum 8 weeks. We'll make sure Bono doesn't come back too soon. I'd say mid-August we'll be back."

"We wrote a lot of songs, one of them was a tune inspired by the Glastonbury Festival. People will have to wait a while to hear it."

"We have a lot of new songs and we're very excited." Then I think he hinted that they might go into the studio.

It's so about this moment. We almost don't want to wait until we put a new CD together, but we'll see.

"We're very excited about our next project. Our question now is What's the quickest way we can get this stuff out?

Why wouldn't it be?

Yeah I guess it should. I was just thinking for a moment there since they haven't mentioned that title anymore recently, but I guess that doesn't matter. I just had that interview in my mind where Larry's face goes ballistic when the interviewer mentions Bono saying the album title.

they have to release some of these songs soon surely!!!! does any other band talk so much about songs they may release?!

just post them on u2.com, they'll get listened to Edge!!! :love:

Oh wow, I'd never seen that before, I laughed, too. If Bono had been in the room just then, I think Larry would have killed him ded. :yikes:

He even does the classic cartoon double take, then adds the eye roll and look of utter disgust just to be sure we're clear. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom