Songs of Ascent - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there came a time where you became so off base with your points that it became pointless to come up with a rebutle. :shrug:

And speaking of off base, from an NME interview in February with Edge:

"So, when did you start thinking you might actually put the music out?"

"About a year ago, and we decided we wanted to put it out in November. Strangely, we kind of lost the plot then; as soon as there was the pressure to get it done and out, we found it really difficult to finish. It was only going to Olympic Studios in London that sorted us out. We were going to release two EP sets, Daylight and Darkness; we had all these ideas, but in the end we just took the best songs and made the one record."

U2's new album: 'We believe in the songs'

In the future, when you are losing an argument, or cannot support your points, try not to behave like a 5 year old.

I remember the Daylight and Darkness thing.

Like that was ever going to happen. I'd love to see footage of McCockne$$'s face as they told him they wanted to release two EPs.

Seriously snowlock, all anyone here is trying to say that evidence shows this time is different. How can you ignore the fact that we have an album title and a first single name that has cropped up in countless interviews, media reports, on the bands website and in various quotes from all band members. Whether the title is provisional or not is irrelevant. When they refer to a project by a title so often over a 6 month period, it has an identity and is a fully formed concept.

The USA today article is further evidence. why cant you accept that it is possible that this time is different. That is all we are saying. We are trying to apply logic, whereas you are twisting our words and our meanings to suit your own negative logic. If you are just tryin to save yourself from disappointment I totally understabnd, but why do you have to impose this on all of us. We understand that you are skeptical, and you have made your point. You need to concede that there is a plethora of information that indicates you are wrong

Seriously snowlock, all anyone here is trying to say that evidence shows this time is different. How can you ignore the fact that we have an album title and a first single name that has cropped up in countless interviews, media reports, on the bands website and in various quotes from all band members. Whether the title is provisional or not is irrelevant. When they refer to a project by a title so often over a 6 month period, it has an identity and is a fully formed concept.

The USA today article is further evidence. why cant you accept that it is possible that this time is different. That is all we are saying. We are trying to apply logic, whereas you are twisting our words and our meanings to suit your own negative logic. If you are just tryin to save yourself from disappointment I totally understabnd, but why do you have to impose this on all of us. We understand that you are skeptical, and you have made your point. You need to concede that there is a plethora of information that indicates you are wrong

stop acting like a 5 year old. :wink:

Thom Yorke could sing as a deranged villain in one of the songs! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

as long as its not actors singing their parts... i like this idea
who would be some good guest stars for a u2 album?

Sinead O Connor?
Gary Lighbody
Chris Martin

i've always wanted to hear a Shirley Manson / u2 combo, but that's just me, and sort of shows my age a bit.

who else?

as long as its not actors singing their parts... i like this idea
who would be some good guest stars for a u2 album?

Sinead O Connor?
Gary Lighbody
Chris Martin

i've always wanted to hear a Shirley Manson / u2 combo, but that's just me, and sort of shows my age a bit.

who else?

We could make a new thread on this in EYKIW! :hyper:

No. Thom yorke can fuck off, he is not in this project!

I would acually love to hear Edge's guitar work backing up Simon Fowler. Steve Craddock is a great guitarist, but Edge has something I think would click with Fowler. OCS have sort of waned with On the Leyline, and they could use a profile boost like a project with U2. Fowler can be Peter Parker, and Dempsey can be the villain. Although it is a female villain isn't it? How about Shara Worden from My brightest Diamond.

Examples of all 3's vocal talents:

Fowler:

YouTube - Ocean Colour Scene - The Day We Caught The Train Live

Dempsey:

YouTube - Damien Dempsey - Hold Me

Worden: (forward clip to 2:08)

YouTube - The Wanting Comes in Waves / Repaid - The Decemberists

It's being talked about more and more, of course there's an alternate future where it gets delayed, but its becoming obvious that their intention is to work on it during the break in the 360 tour, if it goes well, we'll see it come out and mix in with the NLOTH material on the later legs, deconstructing every comment as evidence for whether or not it will come out is obnoxious so cut it out, this whole thread is about anticipating them working on it... also, I assume the work left on Spider-Man wouldn't be much more than orchestration which Edge/Bono probably won't be directly involved in, and whether or not they can convince the rhythm section to record a U2 album of that material... I doubt they will or that that would upstage a united creative collaboration/sister project to their current album.

take with a grain of salt of course:

this guy at the @u2forum tells us that he knows a sound engineer at The Factory Studio's in Vancouver:

quote: "So i read this news the other day and my damn head nearly exploded! U2 recording in my city? I thought I have to hang out downtown for a very long time when they come. Then it pooped into my head. I know the sound engineer at The Factory Studio's.

They do infact have the studio book for an indefinite amount of time from roughly the 25th of October to mid November. I also talked and he said, he could probably get me in there to see them work their magic and quite possibly meet them. Needless to say, Im stupidly excited for October and no longer for 360, but to see the recording and mastering of Songs of Ascent!"

on Factory Studio - Vancouver BC - Recording - Mixing - Production the following:

quote: "The Factory Studios are located in beautiful Vancouver British Columbia. Its central location provides the opportunity to enjoy the city’s main amenities. The Factory opened in the spring of 1995 in the former Little Mountain Sound Building. Since this time the studio has seen the likes of Marilyn Manson, Bad Company, Billy Talent, Holly McNarland, Yuca, Barney Bentall, and Zubot & Dawson to name a few.

The factory is home to a wonderful Neve 8048 console. This along with loads of vintage microphones and outboard gear proves to be a haven to producers, engineers, and the artists they work with.

The factory was nominated for 2006 recording studio of the year at the WCMA. Our engineers have been nominated twice for recording engineer of the year at The Juno awards in the past 3 years and 7 Junos have been handed out to the artists that have recorded at the factory."

i'm sure Snowlock will say that Vancouver does not exist and there is no such thing as Canada.

very postitive sign about the booking of time....only backs up what o'sullivan told us a couple of months ago

very postitive sign about the booking of time....only backs up what o'sullivan told us a couple of months ago

yep. it only makes sense. they might as well just keep it rolling while they're playing music every day. and i'm sure they've had other ideas while on the road. if they can add to the songs they already have saved for SOA, i could picture the month of November being very productive. then they can spend time with their families during December, maybe have Eno and Lanois do some playing around during that time, and then wrap things up in January/February and aim for a May release. the timeline definitely works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom