Songs of Ascent - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this article is very good news. sounds like SOA will be out next year. when you have 3/4 of the band saying that they want to get the album out soon, that's a good indication that it will happen.

as far as the singles/radio thing, don't diss the songs until you hear them.

this article is very good news. sounds like SOA will be out next year. when you have 3/4 of the band saying that they want to get the album out soon, that's a good indication that it will happen.

microsoft_werd.jpg

I'm glad its still on the table, but gah... it was so teasing to say they'd just have an all out new-sounding/fully themed album, which is what they shied away from on NLOTH... don't do it again. The age of 11x platinum albums is over, just show the world the creative vitality you still have, we around here have seen that a lot this decade from what they've second-guessed.

I really do not know what to think. :|

Can't say i'm very happy about it. Stop freakin' striving for singles, U2! :angry:

I'm not totally put off by the idea of U2 wanting to create singles.

I just hope the future single (or singles) don't fall end up like:

1) Another redundant cheesy glam rock song to prove to the youngsters we can still "rock" like Vertigo and GOYB.

2) Yet another comforting stadium ready song about overcoming the darkness in our current time, like CT, Breathe...many others

And i think it would be lovely if they shied away from anti-war songs.

You know what i'd like to hear?

Songs about sex and drugs.

As old and played out as those topics are, it would be refreshing to hear it coming from U2.

Maybe some deep songs about struggling with faith and God, but not in a christian rock sorta pandering way like Yahweh and Miracle Drug.

Keep drinkin'...

kool-aid-1.jpg

Songs about sex and drugs.

As old and played out as those topics are, it would be refreshing to hear it coming from U2.

Maybe some deep songs about struggling with faith and God, but not in a christian rock sorta pandering way like Yahweh and Miracle Drug.

The former would be godawful. The latter would be Achtung Baby or Pop.

Look, U2 do write "about sex and drugs" but only from a proper perspective -- Bad or MOS's looks at the way addiction can tragically tear a soul apart or Velvet Dress's look at the seductive power of beauty.

It's not gonna be about how great drugs feel or how having as many sex partners as possible is glorious. :lol:

My faith in SOA making it here anytime soon is waning. A spring single? That means a summer album. Way back it was late this year, then around the same time as NLOTH next year. Now it's apparently about six months further back, sometime in summer. Edge doesn't even remember it took over 4 years between HTDAAB and NLOTH:lol:.

I don't know. Here's to hope.

The former would be godawful. The latter would be Achtung Baby or Pop.

Actually, both topics were explored on both of those albums.

Drugs? God-awful? May i remind you of Bad, Running To Stand Still, MOS. Even Better Than The Real Thing was about the Manchester Drug/Rave scene. U2 tackles these subjects in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom