Songs of Ascent / New U2 Music / Soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really got the hype over Edge's solo to be honest. I think its fine on the record but live it just seems to lack something, I dunno whether its the effects he's using, I think it could do with more delay on it to blur the notes together a bit more. I can't help but think that live it sounds just a tad lame especially when you compare it to some of his previous solos on stuff like The Fly and Bullet the Blue Sky even though I appreciate its an altogether different kind of song.

If you're talking about Unknown Caller, I think it's a good solo but certainly nothing to get all worked up over. The pre-release "BEST SOLO EVAR!!!1!!!1!!" didn't help either.

I understand that he changes tones a couple times throughout the solo, which makes it somewhat epic with three distinct sections, but he does the same thing in All I Want Is You to much more impressive effect.

haha. I asked him what songs, and he actually replied to me.

dave_hollister
@jpstarkey "All I Want" & "Grace"

So who knows what's going on. or maybe he's just bullshitting me too.

Huh, interesting. My first thought was "All I Want Is You," but I guess having a new song called "All I Want" isn't that far-fetched.

Another song called "Grace," though? maybe it's a working title.

Huh, interesting. My first thought was "All I Want Is You," but I guess having a new song called "All I Want" isn't that far-fetched.

Another song called "Grace," though? maybe it's a working title.

yeah I'm not quite sure what to make of it myself but figured it was noteworthy enough to pass along.

Maybe Grace was mentioned because they're adding yet another ATYCLB song to the setlist, and he's helping with a new arrangement.

Please god no.

Maybe Grace was mentioned because they're adding yet another ATYCLB song to the setlist, and he's helping with a new arrangement.

Please god no.

thats consistent with the rumor i heard from
:sexywink:
about them playing the entire album ATYCLB from start to finish...

Wow. ATYCLB ten years old....

Where did the time go?

Oh yeah, waiting for U2 album releases in the 00's... That's where it went.

I think UC worked very well the way it was played by the band, what was lacking was interest from lazy fans stuck in 1991. I have no delusions it'll be a regular, but I hope it doesn't disappear for all time.

i don't know about "lazy fans: per se in the above regards.... but I thought UC got better and better through the tour.
and I loved it on record and really loved the Rose Bowl version!

:reject: I don't remember which thread I posted (more or less the following on--so if this a repeat..i am sorry

I think NLOTH is a seriously wonderful album (up there with ZOO TV & JT for me) and I hope they keep just about all of what they have so far.
But I would love them to drop MOS and replace that with Being born-Fez.

IN case they don't :sad: I HOPE they keep Breath as the opener or switch it to Magnificent or No Line.
I hope Breath/No Line/Magnificent and Crazy-ALT definitively stay in how ever they are the placed.

I've never been a big fan at all of WOWY so if the dropped that I'd be thrilled especially IF they put in from POP- Last Night on Earth/MOFO.
Those power -house songs sonically add in The Claw and The Screen! OMG!

Have they Ever played Zooropa - the song- live?
LOVE that song, and again imagines it with The Claw and The Screen colors and images!

Wouldnt mind if they dropped a bit more from ATYCLB - althoughI think the dueting that Bono and Edge do live on Stuck is s beautiful....... Bt I could trade that for some of the above PLUS of course NEW :hyper: SONGS!

Look at that again: 6 "new" songs in a row from AB, followed by one oldie, and then 4 Zooropa songs in a row.

Those are some balls there. Too bad they're long gone.

What about the opposite?
What if "Grace" and "All I Want" are, in fact, Dave Hollister's tracks and U2/Bono is collaborating with him?
There are donzens of songs with tittles like this or similar... specially in the R&B scene...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom