Songs nobody likes but you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevation
wild honey
in a little while
the playboy mansion
miami
some days are better than others
trip through your wires
new york

Okay, I already posted this shit, but I HAVE to know that I'm not literally the only one...!

"Scarlet" and "Theme from The Swan": am I a stranger in a strange land with these two? Someone help a brother out...please! THEY'RE FUCKING GREAT!!!!!

:confused:

No one ever seems to care much for "Peace on Earth" but I dig it, a lot. I'm also a big "Red Hill Mining Town" fan, and "Refugee" and "With a Shout," which were mentioned earlier, are also favorites.

Alas, I can think of more songs that everyone LOVES to death that I'm not quite so keen on. I mean, not that I actually dislike many U2 songs, but there are a handful that just leave me going, "okay, and moving right along..."

If you shout... said:
Okay, I already posted this shit, but I HAVE to know that I'm not literally the only one...!

"Scarlet" and "Theme from The Swan": am I a stranger in a strange land with these two? Someone help a brother out...please! THEY'RE FUCKING GREAT!!!!!

:confused:

Scarlet is one of my very favourite songs, I rank it third on October behind Gloria and Tomorrow. Theme From The Swan is pretty good and atmospheric but there are other songs I'd prefer.

*Who's gonna ride your Wild Horses (This song has been one of my favourites since I first heart it - it probably has to do with the unforgettable moments lived in the 90's)
*So Cruel
*Do you Feel Loved
*Wild Honey
*In a Little While
*Elevation

and I could also name others.

these are not necessarily without fans (some actually show up in top10s) but hugely underappreciated nonetheless:

Do you feel loved
Salomé
Last Night on earth (& First night in Hell)
Babyface
Shadows and tall Trees (probably the best closer /w love is Blindness & Wake up dead Man)
Angel of Harlem
Holy Joe

In no order: (unusual selections here)

Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Love Comes Tumbling
Streets
NYD
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
Ultraviolet
One
Stay
UTEOTW

It's very hard, I could have put in a few others, but that's what I got today.

U2Kitten said:
In no order: (unusual selections here)

Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Love Comes Tumbling
Streets
NYD
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
Ultraviolet
One
Stay
UTEOTW

It's very hard, I could have put in a few others, but that's what I got today.

WTF? I meant to post this in the 'your U2 top 10 thread' :huh: :der: Oh well please disregard.

4th of july
Promenade
Beach Sequence
Bass Trap
The Three Sunrises
Love Comes tumbling
Another Day
60 Seconds to kingdom come
Touch
J Swallow
Endless Deep
Walk to the water
Boomerangs
The Ocean

It would be easier to write what I didnt
like..

whos gonna ride your wild horses
stuck in a moment
elevation

for some reason around here (where I live..) people
are sick and tired of vertigo.. but I love it :)

in a little while
stuck in a moment
wild honey
i threw a brick through a window
summer rain
promenade
who's gonna ride your wild horses :drool:

pookersmom said:
No one ever seems to care much for "Peace on Earth" but I dig it, a lot.

I can relate to that song quite well-I've had a lot of those same feelings myself from time to time. It's a sad song, though-makes me cry when I hear it. But it's still good nonetheless.

Talk of Passengers...that's possibly the most bizarre album I've ever listened to. But yet, it's very interesting at the same time, very trippy and spacey and weird...and I like that. "Corpse" is a cool little song (even if it does creep me out to no end when I hear it). And I find "Elvis Ate America" very amusing, if for no other reason than the fact that I like the funky music :D).

Angela

Stuck in a moment- it was the song that led me to U2s music, the first U2 song I liked
The Playboy mansion
The first time
Who`s gonna ride your wild horses
Kite

I think Trip Through Your Wires is appearing far too commonly here.

Mine:
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World (if this counts?)
The First Time
A Sort Of Homecoming
One Step Closer

Trip Through Your Wires
Miami
One Step Closer
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Elvis Presley And America
Elvis Ate America

Wake Up Dead Man and Elvis Presley and America. Most everybody hates Grace as well, and that's another one I like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom