Songs never played live.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Edit: some others done just once would be The Wanderer, Carry Me Home, and We Love You.

Do you really count The Wanderer though? It wasnt performed in front of any kind of an audience. Basically they filmed the soundcheck/rehearsal of it.

I remember reading a little blurb in RS back int 1992.

It was about the upcoming "Outside Broadcast" leg of the Zoo TV Tour.

Said they were rehearsing God Part II and Acrobat for the next series of shows.

How awesome would that have been?

MrBrau1 said:
I remember reading a little blurb in RS back int 1992.

It was about the upcoming "Outside Broadcast" leg of the Zoo TV Tour.

Said they were rehearsing God Part II and Acrobat for the next series of shows.

How awesome would that have been?

Sort of correct. Paul McGuiness told the media they were looking at adding God Part II for the Outside Broadcast. Whether they actually tried it in rehearsal though is not known. (I would "guess" they may have in studio or backstage rehearsal). It was never tried on stage though in Hershey. Acrobat was obviously worked on in Hershey, even though it was only acoustic.

I do agree though. God Part II would have been outstanding. I still think they should bring it back.

Blue Room said:

Do you really count The Wanderer though? It wasnt performed in front of any kind of an audience. Basically they filmed the soundcheck/rehearsal of it.

Yeah, that one can be argued both ways. I personally count it because I consider it a live performance for a public audience - that audience just happened to be a TV one.

Though I am surprised the band put so much effort into rehearsing it, got it to a standard where they were happy for it to be broadcast across the US ... and never played it at any Vertigo Tour shows!

Axver said:

Though I am surprised the band put so much effort into rehearsing it, got it to a standard where they were happy for it to be broadcast across the US ... and never played it at any Vertigo Tour shows!

In a similar vein, I'm surprised that they've bothered working on and playing WITS for only 4 dates when they had the potential to do it for a dozen or so. I wish they'd had it done earlier! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom