Songs I'd like to see U2 cover...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flaming june said:
Any of the slower Smashing Pumpkins songs, because I don't like Billy Corgan's voice on those but I think they were great.

YAY!!! My other favorite band (I know Billy's voice is kinda nasal but it never bothered me :reject:)

I think they should do the long road that song eddie vedder did ont he dead man walking soundtrack.

I think Blue Room suggested "Tangerine." I'd love to hear that one as well.

U2Kitten said:
I don't think I want them to cover anything. One of the things I like best about them is their uniqueness, and honestly I don't think their covers have been good. Bono said once years ago the reason they developed as a band so well is because they had to find their own style because they weren't good at anyone else's songs;)

I happen to like most of their covers ("Dancing Barefoot" is one of my favorite U2 recordings)... The reason I want to see them do some covers is because I'd love to hear THEIR version of it... some could be awful, but some just might be inspiring (like "Help" by the Beatles - I have an OLD recording of their cover of that, and I've just about worn that tape out).

Then again, some would just be too funny (like Thunderkiss '65) - never really WANT them to cover it, it's just humorous to think of the possibilities!!! };)~

goat

}:)~

'The Scientist' by Coldplay... especially an acoustic version with just Bono & Edge... that would be very good.

- Everything I need by The Wallflowers (any of their songs would be cool and Edge's guitar would sound great!)
- Waitin' on a sunny day by Bruce Springsteen
- So lonely by The Police
- For Nancy (cos it already is) by Pete Yorn
- The Scientist by Coldplay
- what's the frecuency, kenneth? by REM

hmm...*looks at the list* that would be so amazing...

rivergoat said:
I happen to like most of their covers ("Dancing Barefoot" is one of my favorite U2 recordings)... The reason I want to see them do some covers is because I'd love to hear THEIR version of it... some could be awful, but some just might be inspiring (like "Help" by the Beatles - I have an OLD recording of their cover of that, and I've just about worn that tape out).

Then again, some would just be too funny (like Thunderkiss '65) - never really WANT them to cover it, it's just humorous to think of the possibilities!!! };)~

goat

:yes:. Exactly (I love their version of "Dancing Barefoot", too :up: :D).

"The Scientist" would definitely be a good one, and also, my dad was listening to this song last night, and I could kinda start to see this one, too-how about "Sky Pilot" by the Animals?

Angela

I'd like to hear Bono really sing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah", the way Rufus does. Or Alphaville's "Forever Young" like the acoustic version. :yes:

Flarez said:
Ooohhh Little Wing...that's a great song and I'm sure the band would do fine, but imo it's one of those untouchables, y'know? Some songs you just don't cover, like Imagine.
Er, "Little Wing" and "Imagine" are two of the most covered songs in existence. For "Little Wing," I recall right away excellent versions by Stevie Ray Vaughn and Derek & The Dominos and, uh, interesting versions by Sting and the Corrs.

Last edited:
I've always said I'd love to hear U2 do a cover of Wild Horses :D

I'd like to hear them do Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) - The Doors
and I reckon if they could muster an interesting version of Good Riddance - Green Day :yes:

100% bOB said:
:coocoo: I want to hear a cover of a Dan Fogelberg song like "Leader of the Band."

oooo... mm mmm mmm that is just right... or Tracy Chapman's "The Promise"....

goat

Blue Room said:
Work It Out by the Beatles. Edge and Bono harmonizing on "Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting". I think it would outstanding.

All Of My Love, D'yer Maker or Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, I think Bono could handle the vocals pretty well and it would be interesting to hear him sing them.

I totally agree. Live covers of those tracks would be fantastic!

My personal thoughts on tracks U2 should cover are:

Led Zeppelin- Dancing Days
Led Zeppelin- In the Evening
Pink Floyd- Wish you were Here
Pink Floyd- The Gold. It's in the...
Pink Floyd- Sant Tropez
Radiohead- Like Spinning Plates(Don't ask why...)

Wow, so many great choices already. I especially like Led Zep's "All of My Love", Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line", anything by Bruce Springsteen and Elvis' "Suspicious Minds"

I'd also like to add:

"Every Breath You Take" by the Police
"Everything's Not Lost" by Coldplay
"Let it Happen" by the Waterboys
"Woman" by John Lennon
"Hey Jude" by the Beatles
"Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak
"London Calling" by the Clash
"Diamond Dogs" or "China Girl" by David Bowie
"The Great Pretender" by the Platters
"Tom Sawyer" by Rush
"Acquiesce" by OASIS
"Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds"
"Ave Maria" - I have the Fischer Choir version, don't know who to give original credit to. Pavarotti could join in too.

LCK said:

"Woman" by John Lennon

Great track, that one. I'd personally prefer to hear them cover Cold Turkey.

Bono could do that one really well. Like he did God Pt. II

Blue Room said:
Work It Out by the Beatles. Edge and Bono harmonizing on "Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting". I think it would outstanding.

All Of My Love, D'yer Maker or Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, I think Bono could handle the vocals pretty well and it would be interesting to hear him sing them.

Cool choices Blue Room! I'd like to hear these also!

LCK said:

"Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds"

Yeah, it would be cool seeing Jim Kerr join the band on stage.

Didn't they sing together New Gold Dream 81-82-83-84 a few decades ago? During the UF tour or something?

Dr_Macphisto said:
To hear U2 do some covers of any of the songs of that New Radicals CD would be awesome!... but, I am going to assume no one has ever even heard any of those songs so i'll stop there. Go buy it

Hey, the New Radicals are AMAZING!! Too bad, they don't exist anymore....what a great sound!

grtz, Pascal.

Back
Top Bottom