Songs for Adam to lay the smack down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
I'm talking bass where our resident bassist blows out your subwoofers! What songs are there where Adam really gets to shine? He's definitely got some good ones there. The one that comes to mind most often is Some Days Are Better Than Others. Feels like a 70s funk song or something. WOWY does this to an extent too.

Any others?

------------------
Change is the only constant

How about Big Girls Are Best?

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Strangely enough, I really dug the bassline to Always as I was driving in my rental car with superb sound system this weekend.
biggrin.gif

Gotta love the solo in Gloria!

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

I think his part in "Do you feel loved" does it for me. Maybe it's my stereo, maybe it's the day, but I pretty much just hear his bass and Bono's voice.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I think his part in "Do you feel loved" does it for me. Maybe it's my stereo, maybe it's the day, but I pretty much just hear his bass and Bono's voice.

I LOVE DYFL!!

-> Exit
-> MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!
-> Velvet Dress

------------------
I need something strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind

Take Me...Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Come on, this is easy... Dirty Day!!! The tune has a bassline and a half!

"You can't even remember what I'm trying to forget................."

'Discoteque' from Popmart-live in Mexico City
and 'When I Look at the World.'

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Mission Impossible theme
Lemon- live from Sydney 93
Your Blue Room
Bullet The Blue Sky ( live sydney , Mexico city - studio )
An Cat Dubh----Into The Heart

Originally posted by PopTart, Pamela:
GONE for sure, and most of PoP - always said it was a real Adam album.
LOVE IT !!!

Pamela

Yeah, the thing is, Bono always said AB was an Adam and Larry album. But I thought POP was more of a rhythmic album like that. Definitely gotta vote for Gone.

------------------

Adam really came into his own on Achtung Baby... I can't believe noboday has mention Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World, I have to turn the bass down on my stereo when that song comes on, I'm afraid it'll break something if I don't. Mysterious Ways has one of the coolest bass lines anybody has ever come up with. UTEOTW and EBTTRT also great bass lines.

Btw, in denver I was standing right in front of Adam and there were a few times when I thought his bass was gonna liquify me.... very frickin cool!!

Originally posted by ONElife:
Adam really came into his own on Achtung Baby... I can't believe noboday has mention Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World

doh! I was thinking about that one last night to add to the list. He really does rule that song and AB in general.

Another one that may not be quite as "upbeat" or kick-ass, but certainly showcases his playing is Grace. He's the main instrument and he sounds beeeauuutiful.
smile.gif

Lemon
Do You Feel Loved
Mysterious Ways

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 02-01-2002).]

Yeah, Grace! You don't usually think of it as an Adam song, but it shows how beautiful the bass can be. Great closer.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom