Songs covered by U2 - best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Boy

Refugee
Toronto. From Kildare, Ireland originally.
Not sure if this has been done before...

Favourite cover song played by U2? Have just been listening to Night and Day - old Cole Porter song - and have to admit U2's interpretation is amazing. You can feel the raw passion and near obsession in the song and music.. very menacing/dark/tragic... one of my top 5 U2 songs even though its a cover!

Night and day, Everlasting love, Unchained melody, Satellite of love.
(didn't hear other covers except Dancing Barefoot but I don't know Patti Smith's original version so I won't say anything about that one)

Night and Day :combust: The U2 version of this song is so sexy!

I also love Springhill Mining Disaster, Unchained Melody, Everlasting Love, Satellite of Love, People Get Ready and Maggie's Farm.

All Along the Watchtower!!!

(not the one on the R&H video, but the performances during the Lovetown tour. That song r0cKeD!

"Dancing Barefoot" is my favorite by a country mile. But I adore their version of "Night And Day" as well.

Night and Day is one of the best things they've ever done! It's a totally original take on an old song. WHY was this song not on the best of 80-90 b-sides album??

Night And Day - fantastic. I believe it would have been a better fit on the Best Of 90s B-Sides. Musically and vocally (and their "dark" interpretation of it) it breathes AB. Imagine it after Until The End and before Wild Horses.

U2 Cover Songs (Officially Released)

1. Maggie?s Farm
2. Fortunate Son
3. All Along The Watchtower
4. Jesus Christ
5. Christmas (Baby Please Come)
6. Everlasting Love
7. Dancing Barefoot
8. Can?t Help Falling In Love (Sydney Video)
9. Unchained Melody
10. Night And Day
11. Paint It Black
12. Helter Skelter
13. Beat On The Brat
14. Satellite Of Love
15. Don?t Take Your Guns Town
16. Pop Muzik
17. Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Bonus: Two Or More Band Members

18. Mission Impossible
19. Anarchy In The U.S.A.
20. Heroine
21. Dreaming With Tears In Eyes

Jesus Christ and Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) are covers? Shows how out of touch I am.

Personally, I ADORE the Lovetown version of All Along The Watchtower. That rocked, especially when Edge went nuts on Desire beforehand (e.g. Sydney 20-10-89). Springhill Mining Disaster was AWESOME, Maggie's Farm was cool, and I think Beat On The Brat easily tops the original.

paint it black / dancing barefoot

popmuzik; that intro created a magic tension to start the popmart show...

Well, they did release their version of Pop Muzik (it was even a small radio hit).

BTW, U2Soar, you forgot I Remember You (Live). :)

Personally, I cannot stand U2's version of Paint It Black, but many other covers are excellent.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom