Songs Bono would cover in a parallel universe...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
serious suggestion followed by one you KNOW couldn't happen with his voice:

I had Madonna's "Beautiful Stranger" in my head the other day and started singing it to myself on the way home and since I have a pretty deep voice I realised Bono could actually do an amazing job of singing it in that Leonard Cohen-esque voice of his, (in the same key as the original song) imagine it...

Comedy Option: Jeff Buckley's version of 'Corpus Christi Carol'...

Neil Young's Harvest Moon - I think he'd do an amazing job of that.

Comedy option: Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bitch from the South Park film... or, even better: Uncle Fukka. Yep - that would make a great duet with Edge. :yes:

Last edited:
Grandad by Clive Dunn.
Tarzan Boy by Baltimora. Bonmo would be great as Tarzan... he's always on about swinging throuh the trees.

Re: Re: Songs Bono would cover in a parallel universe...?

sallycinnamon78 said:

Comedy option: Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bitch from the South Park film... or, even better: Uncle Fukka. Yep - that would make a great duet with Edge. :yes:

:lmao:

in all seriousness, it is really good to see a thread like this. This is one thing I have always been good at: matching singers to songs. I'm blessed with an extremely good ear - but I make up for that by having NO sense of rhythm whatsoever. Which is something a drawback, considering i'm a guitarist. :(

I've always thought that Blur's Damon Albarn would do a great version of OMD's Maid of Orleans.

Suede covering Space Oddity would be cool.

I think Bono could do whip Jim Kerr's arse if he sang Simple Minds' See The Lights, and Let There Be Love.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom