Song You Love Now, But Hated At First

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bullet The Blue Sky
When Love Comes To Town
Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
MOFO (can't get enough of this at the minute)
If God Will Send His Angels
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Cant Make It on Your Own

Grace
In A Little While

Didn't hate them, but didn't like them either.

Love them both now :yes: :heart:

Lemon, Discotheque, In A Little While, One Step Closer Tomorrow, Is That All? to name a few.

Honestly, a lot of Achtung Baby, including One and EBTTRT. (Although hate is probably too strong a word).

i realy didn't care for kite at first, i warmed up to it. last night on earth was ok, then i realy liked it later. the dvd version mix oin the best of 90-00 is better then the cd version. acrobat took a while to go from thiking its ok to beliveing it s the best non u2 hit track ever. and also, north and south is better in the piano version the the regular version.

Bad - I hated this song and always skipped over it when I just had Best of 1980-1990. Then I saw it performed live when I went to see U2 on the Elevation tour, and that changed my mind. Then I heard the Wide Awake In America Version, and it became one of my top 10 favorite U2 songs. I still hate the original studio version.

Last edited:
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car and most of the Zooropa album. Now DGPFYCC is one of my fave U2 songs and Zooropa is my at #3 behind AB and Pop in my album list.
I should also mention SYCMIOYO from the latest album - I didn't exactly hate it but didn't think much of and now I like it more and more.

- North And South Of The River
- Your Blue Room
- 4th Of July
- I Fall Down

And the ultimate one ... The Unforgettable Fire. I consider this to be the third-best song ever made now, but when I bought the Best Of 1980-1990 when I was eleven, I loved the first eight tracks (Pride and Bad being my ultimate favourites), but I found UF to be bland, bland, bland. The second I realised that I needed to lose myself in its atmosphere, I fell in love with it.

I also used to hate Miami, and while I don't love it now, I quite enjoy it.

jendzi said:
Miami... I skipped it everytime it started playing. Then I heard it live with BTBS and I went :drool: :drool:.
I liked all the album except for Zooropa for a long time, then I gave it a try... and I was absolutely shocked and amazed. Zooropa, then Babyface, Lemon (that piano in "Midnight is where the day begins" part is :drool: ) and Numb.... Stay, Dirty Day, Daddy'sGPFYCC,Wanderer, Some DaysABTO, First Time. There's not a bad song on it.

same here. i hated the whole Zooropa cd when it came out. now it's my favorite U2 album, has been for a while.

Most of the U2 songs that I didn't like at first still aren't my favorites. But one huge and astonishing exception is Until the End of the World. I was obsessed with all of AB the minute I heard it but that was the one song I skipped for months. It's hard to imagine now. But then when I heard it live during ZooTV it moved right to the top and has stayed there all these years. I never get tired of it.

One- it took some time but now I love it
Bad- didn't like it (the album version) until I saw Rattle and Hum.
In A Little While- Didn't like it until I saw it performed on the Boston Elevation DVD
Stuck In A Moment- The album version seemed too slow paced.

Believe it or not I used to hate Until the End of the World, not it's among my all time favourites. I repeat used to. I can't believe I was that stupid.

But one song that I still can't bring myself to love is the Wanderer. I'm not sure why....... sorry Johny Cash, I just don't...:reject:

i loved elevation, and then i loved the remix even more. but now i;m realy into the album version now,lol i like the keyboards on the album version.

Back
Top Bottom