Song to follow Vertigo on the album and for those who burned it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
After listening to Vertigo the first times I definitely wanted more after it was over so I think song number two on the album will be a rocker too, maybe a bit more mid tempo (but I would love if it was up-tempo). I definitely hope it’s not a slow song that comes after it, cause I think it would kill the vibe that vertigo leaves you in. What do you all think?

Also, I found extremely difficult to find a song to follow Vertigo on the cd I burned it on. I needed something with that rock vibe from beginning to end so I chose Bruce Springsteen’s Don’t Look Back (a very raw rock song). It worked great. Which song have you chosen to follow Vertigo on the cd you burned?

I actually plan on burning a CD of solely Vertigo - I'm mad, I know - but if I did have to put something else, I'd use other U2 songs such as I Will Follow and HMTMKMKM.

I also doubt that Vertigo will be the first song on the album. I'm sure people thought The Fly would be last considering the "I've got to go, yeah I'm running out of change" line.

:hmm: I have never thought about the possiblility of Vertigo not being the first song. I don't know why, but I always thought it was supposed to be the first one. :scratch:

great u2 songs to go with vertigo:

Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
The Fly
Electrical Storm (Band Mix)
Until the End of the World
HMTMKMKM

If Vertigo is the first song, I'm pretty sure All Because Of You will be second, since the band's talked it up a lot, and it will get the album off to a lively start. Unless. of course, they have a bunch of other rockers we don't know about? ;)

Considering the talk of how rocking Yahweh is, I'd say it would follow Vertigo if Vertigo is the first track (which I don't think it will be).

Hey Axver, I already did that! I put vertigo 21 times on 1 cd. Then put that in my 6 cd changer in our stereo last night. Chuck it on random and it came up about every hour.

All the other cds were various u2 mixes i made up of course.

In my cd compilation, I start it off with The Edge's Batman Theme, then Vertigo, then Beat On The Brat.

Cheers,

J

TheBrazilianFly said:
Which song have you chosen to follow Vertigo on the cd you burned?

"Walk Idiot Walk" by the Hives.
Then Mr Brightside by the Killers.

But it is bloody hard to come down from Vertigo tho..

Hola...

My tracklisting for the CD i burned
1. Vertigo
2.Vertigo
3.Vertigo
4.Vertigo
5.Vertigo
6.Vertigo
7.Vertigo
8.Vertigo
9.Vertigo
10.Vertigo
11.Vertigo
12.Vertigo
13.Vertigo
14.Vertigo
15.Vertigo
16.Vertigo
17.Vertigo
18.Vertigo
19.Vertigo
20.Vertigo
21. Neon Lights

:applaud:

I made it like that 'cause I have a 6 disc changer and like to have approx 150 songs on random at night, and wanted vertigo to come on alot!!

But yes I am a sad obsessive u2 fan.

:drool:

I just burned Vertigo and Neon Lights on the CD...both files are very high quality, so it's basically like having one of the singles several weeks early. I WILL be buying the real thing though when it comes out. :D

Same here like most of us. I download everything I can get my mouse on.......

and I buy everything U2 release on vinyl and CD!

I get the music to my CD player early and they get their moolah.

Everybody wins! :D

I assume Vertigo will be #1 on the tracklisting. If you think about the past two albums before this newest one, the lead single has been #1, and traditionally a rocker is best to start off a CD

And another rocker will probably be #2, in the tradition of Achtung Baby (Zoo Station to Even Better Than The Real Thing)

And sadly enough the only way i will even be able to put Vertigo on a CD is to have a CD solely of that song (which is fine by me! I've been blaring it in my dorm room all day anyways). Vertigo is in a different format or something and isn't compatible with the other songs I have on my computer.

I made an EP in iTunes called "HTDAAB - Beach Demos" with the following songs:

1. Vertigo 90 sec (Beach Recording) 1:26
2. Vertigo (Valencia Radio Edit) 3:11
3. Neon Lights (B-Side) 4:07
4. Miracle Drug (Beach Recording) 1:11
5. Love And Peace, Or Else (Beach Recording) 3:37
6. All Because of You (Beach Recording) 0:53

Evalicious said:
Beach recording.....
LOL:lol:

Sorry, how's this? :wink:

1. Vertigo (Spaniard Beach Mix) 1:26
2. Vertigo (Valencia Radio Mix) 3:11
3. Neon Lights (B-Side) 4:07
4. Miracle Drug (Spaniard Beach Mix) 1:11
5. Love And Peace, Or Else (Spaniard Beach Mix) 3:37
6. All Because of You (Spaniard Beach Mix) 0:53

brownda7 said:
My tracklisting for the CD i burned
1. Vertigo
2.Vertigo
3.Vertigo
4.Vertigo
5.Vertigo
6.Vertigo
7.Vertigo
8.Vertigo
9.Vertigo
10.Vertigo
11.Vertigo
12.Vertigo
13.Vertigo
14.Vertigo
15.Vertigo
16.Vertigo
17.Vertigo
18.Vertigo
19.Vertigo
20.Vertigo
21. Neon Lights

:applaud:

LOL.

Well, I'm burning a huge CD now (thank the Lord for MP3 CD players!). I considered making every second or third song "Vertigo", but then thought that would be tearing the arse out of it. :D

So at the moment, I've got Vertigo followed by Even Better Than the Real Thing. I might change that to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, but I'm not sure.

Don't have it handy, I know the first 6 tracks and the last two are right. And that if the sequence is off, the actual content is the same.

1 Vertigo
2 Even Better Than the Real Thing
3 Elevation (TR mix)
4 Rejoice
5 Out of Control
6 The Fly
7 God Part II
8 New Year's Day (live UABRS)
9 Last Night on Earth (single version)
10 Until the End of the World
12 Beat on the Brat
13 In God's Country
14 Gloria
15 Desire
16 I Will Follow
17 Sunday Bloody Sunday (live UABRS)
18 Wire
19 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
20 Pride

I guess now we know which song comes after Vertigo! It's Miracle Drug and judging by the clips we have it's a very slow song. I still don't know how it's going to feel having that one after a full on rocker like Vertigo. Maybe MD starts faster and ends slower (not a bad idea by the way) but I don't think that's how it's going to be. Or maybe the clip we heard is just a different version. Damn this is all so exciting! :hyper:

What do you guys think about Miracle Drug after Vertigo?

I made two cds...

Cd 1 is Vertigo followed by Stories For Boys

Cd 2 is Vertigo followed by Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop)

But I must say, I'm thinking of making a new Modern Rock Mix with Vertigo followed by either Somebody Told Me (The Killers) or Hysteria (Muse).

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom