Song titles that aren't actually sung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thing To Make And Do
Drowning Man
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Elvis Presley And America
MLK
Luminous Times
Exit
Red Hill Mining Town
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Van Diemen's Land
Hawkmoon 269
Alex Descends To Hell For A Bottle Of Milk
The Fly
The Wanderer
Mofo
Miss Sarajevo
Original Of The Species

That's all I can think off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many more, especially the earlier ones.

Cheers,

J

Van Diemen's Land is sung.

LOL I guess UF does have a lot of them. A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, Promenade, Indian Summer Sky (and 4th of July if instrumentals count), and the ones jick mentioned.

Also:
Love and Peace or Else
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
God Part II
An Cat Dubh
11 O'Clock Tick Tock ...

Sorry about Van Diemen's Land - my bad.

The thread title says "song titles that aren't actually sung" so if it isn't sung as exactly phrased in the title (like missing a word aka Red Hill Mining Town) then it qualifies. So I guess Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of qualifies. Ditto for Love And Peace Or Else.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Sorry about Van Diemen's Land - my bad.

The thread title says "song titles that aren't actually sung" so if it isn't sung as exactly phrased in the title (like missing a word aka Red Hill Mining Town) then it qualifies. So I guess Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of qualifies. Ditto for Love And Peace Or Else.

Cheers,

J

Well if you want to be technical about it.......

Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop), The Ocean, I Threw A Brick Through A Window, Scarlett, with Jick's statements The Refugee, Red Light (I think), Trash Trampoline & The Party Girl....

The Wanderer, Original of the Species, Mofo, Boomerang I and II (both UF b-sides), and Mothers of the Disappeared to name a few more

WinnieThePoo, when's Mofo sung?

the closest thing to it I hear is "Mother, mother"

BrownEyedBoy said:
Gone isn't mentioned now that I think about it.

Yes it is, at the end. This is what Interference had before the lyrics were taken down:

Gone...sun...time...sun...
Gone...sun....gone...sun...
Sun...

WinnieThePoo said:
Mother - mo-fo , live versions etc..
Red Hill town

Bono only ever said 'mofo' live. I believe we're talking studio here.

'Red Hill town' does not equate to Red Hill Mining Town. The word 'mining' does not appear at all in the song.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom