Song Survivor: Streets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should Streets be polled?

• Total voters

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
I don't have very strong feelings on this, so I thought I'd put it to a poll. The upcoming Best Song Survivor contest will include every song, including One, but with the possible exception of Where the Streets Have No Name. Should Streets be in the contest? I'll keep this poll running for 24 hours and go with the winner.

EDIT: I accidentally didn't have the poll close in 24 hours when I made it. So I'll just cut it off approximately 24 hours from now. Sorry.

Eh, it's going to be annoying having to explain over and over why it isn't there, so you might as well include it.

Personally, I like Best of the Rest survivors more, which would cut out a hell of a lot more than Streets.

LemonMelon said:
Personally, I like Best of the Rest survivors more, which would cut out a hell of a lot more than Streets.

What gets cut out during them? How is it determined?

Which ever song win this poll,there's going to be an asterisk anyway next to it because of the absence of "Streets",so yes,it should be there.

Which ever song win this poll,there's going to be an asterisk anyway next to it because of the absence of "Streets",so yes,it should be there.

Pretty much my thoughts on it. Include all the songs, and may the best one win. If it`s Streets, it`s Streets. Not like it`s a shite song, or something lol

eta: wait - you said "it should be there" but then voted "No"?? :huh:

LemonMelon said:
Axver can be more specific, since he ran the last one, but it basically entails cutting all of the singles and best of tracks.

Maybe that can happen in six months if we still are lacking news

Streets should definitely be included, simply cuz I wouldn't like to see something absurd happen like Zooropa winning :wink:

It should be polled. If it wins, big deal! It's not like it's a horrible song winning. And as was also said above, whatever song wins without Streets will have an * next to it because Streets was excluded.

Nick66 said:
:up: Count on it!

Actually, even if Streets is included (and it obviously should be), there's a pretty good chance of something like that happening. :)

Obviously Zooropa is not the best U2 song. Lemon is the best U2 song.

If you're doing One, definitely do Streets.

I'd actually cut One sooner than Streets in terms of removing a likely winner and evening up the playing field.

Oh, and:

Axver can be more specific, since he ran the last one, but it basically entails cutting all of the singles and best of tracks.

If I remember correctly, Rest Of U2 Survivor did not include any song featured on the standard pressings of Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, or U2:18.

Back
Top Bottom