song of the day 11/01: one minute warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
song of the day 1/01: one minute warning

lonesome soul
In an old black boat
A lonesome frown
What a way to go
Chasing though
The strings to hold
In an old black coat
A lonesome soul
A lonesome soul
A lonesome soul

I discovered the Internet at the end of 1995 (my university had access and we all had email addresses). One of the first things I of course looked for was U2 on the 'Net. It didn't take long before I stumbled upon the Wire mailing list (the original one). This was just after the release of Passengers. You can imagine the discussions going on then (nothing different than the current HTDAAB discussions). There was one guy who (jokingly?) said they were singing his name in the song. His name was Jason Gould (where is he now?). To this day, I also hear them sing his name whenever I hear the song.
:slant:

:D

Marty

I remember watching Ghost in the Shell on video, watching the credits, and seeing "U2"...I had to do a double take on that one! I was like "WTF?! U2?!?!! U2 did THIS song? U2...did a song for an ANIME?!" I love seeing/hearing U2 when I least expect it :D

This is one of my favorites from Passengers.

I love the guitar work and Edge's vocals. (It *is* Edge, right?)

This is also one of my favorites of passengers!

The ending makes the whole song worth while. I love the dark and crazy trips U2 took us on in the 90's!

I love Passengers, I love this song! That was such a great sonic adventure (sorry, Larry). I find I listen to this album way more than many "official" U2 albums. I really love them when they're being brave. But honestly, unlike many people at this site, there is no U2 I don't like. I guess I'm just a slut for U2.:wink:

The lyrics are something special and the way they are said. Its stunning stuff. Very Passengersish and thats why its great

Marvellous Experiment. Leading into an even better song.....CORPSE

Back
Top Bottom