Song of the day 1-8-05: Is that all?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cassis

Refugee
Is that all?

To sing this song makes me angry
I'm not angry with you
Is that all
Is that all

To sing this song makes me happy
I'm not happy with you
Is that all

To sing this song makes me dance
Is that all
Is that all
Is that all
Is that all you want from me
Is that all
Is that all

Fantastic song...glad someone else made a thread. Deserved to be played live, in my opinion, they could have even played the 'cry' riff at the end as well and just segued it into Electric Co.
I'm not going to pretend I'm a music critic and use words like 'powerful', 'urgent' etc. to get my point across but I'll just say it's one of the best of a simply amazing record.

There is no cry at the beginning. Just the riff (if you follow me)That's why I like it so much, I'd heard October before any live versions of the Electric Co. so I always detested the Cry, to be honest...however brief it was, never liked the lyrics over the guitar...

Love singing along to this one and doing air drums!

Is that aaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll???????

Far from crap. Much better than the craptacular Grace.

The Cry was better, and putting Scarlet before it was a bit of an odd choice, but it's still not a bad song. More development could've been nice, but then again, it could've denied the song of its raw emotion.

Like Axver said, there's raw emotion. The lyrics has something great in them. But The Cry is The Cry, not Is That All. They should've used the lyrics for another song and left The Cry alone.

The Cry/The Electric Co. live from Paradise ... :drool:

Agree with you, God Part III, best version I've ever heard.
I could listen to Live from Paradise 1981 about 10 times all the way through without getting bored...and it has nothing to do with the fact that I live ten miles from that club, which is still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom