song of the day 09/10: Zoo Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
1. read the lyrics
2. listen to the song
3. post your thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm ready
I'm ready for the laughing gas
I'm ready
I'm ready for what's next
I'm ready to duck
I'm ready to dive
I'm ready to say
I'm glad to be alive
I'm ready
I'm ready for the push

The cool of the night
The warmth of the breeze
I'll be crawling 'round
On my hands and knees

Just down the line...Zoo Station
Gotta make it on time...Zoo Station

I'm ready
I'm ready for the gridlock
I'm ready...to take it to the street
I'm ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush

(She's just down the line)...Zoo Station
(Got to make it on time)...Zoo Station

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, It's alright
Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby
It's alright, it's alright

(Alright, you can turn it up)

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

I'm just down the line from your love...(Zoo Station)
You know I'm under the sign...(Zoo Station)
I've gotta make it on time
Make it on time...(Zoo Station)
That's alright...(Zoo Station)
Just two stops down the line...(Zoo Station)
Just a stop down the line...

This was the MOST PERFECT song that U2 could have come up with to begin AB. :wink:

After a few years to dream it up all over again" after the tremendous '80s, U2 came back with AB and showed the world a whole new side of U2!

"Zoo Station" speaks to that idea - of being ready for whatever the future brings, of welcoming change in life, of being fearless in the face of uncertainty. :up:

A GREAT upbeat, quirky, jumpin' tune that I have always loved. It just gets you psyched for the POSITIVE THINGS in life.

And how could you not like a song that does that? :hug:

I'M READY FOR THE SHUFFLE. READY FOR THE DEAL. :adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

I love it and I agree with what Jamila said about it being the perfect opening song to AB. The song has a great sense of starting over, of reborn. It comes from everywhere: the lyrics, the melodies Bono chose and from Edge's guitar. Heavy beat from the rhythm section there. I like it that way. One of my favorite songs on AB and maybe one of my favorite lyrics ever! :up:

i never know what to say in these threads :|

what a choice. "Streets" is the usual choice when fans select the best opening of an album with its buildup and Edge's signature guitar riff, but this is my favorite. The sounds during the first 30 seconds of this song are some of the greatest I've ever heard! The drums and the bass are hard throughout, and the lyrics and the way bono sings them are terrific. Edge's guitar is great as usual.

"time is a train, makes the future the past...leaves you standing at the station, your face pressed up against the glass."

one of my favorite lyrics from u2. Amazing song, and what an opener for an album! Took me awhile to get into it surprisingly, but now its a favorite. And this may be too much information, but one of my best sexual experiences involved "Zoo Station" but I dont want to get too personal :wink:

Last edited:
Tomer, your presence is enough! :laugh:

And I still love your little green, mindlessly-wandering space creature. It reminds me of how I feel on most days (going in circles).

Thanks, isabelle_guns, for starting these threads. I think it gives us a creative and positive outlet for our increasing energy as we get closer to the release of the new music from U2. :hug:

Jamila said it better than I could so I will just say I have loved the song ever since the first time I heard it.

Ownage/10

Zoo Station still remains my least favourite U2 album opener. Love the lyrics; in fact they're the perfect lyrics to start off Achtung Baby and the whole 90s era, but musically it just doesn't do anything for me.

when i put achtung baby for the first time in my cd player, and this song came out i thought: "huh, what the hell is this horrible guitar?!".....now in my list of most fav songs, zoo station is in the top ten! it's a real charging rock song, and i liked very much how this song passed perfectly opening their concerts during the zoo tv! simply a great song!......WATCH MORE TV :wink:

Grrrrrreat song- I still have such fond memories of the ZooTV gig that I went to and this song, (with Bono illuminated way up on the left in front of all of them tv screens) just being the most fitting way to start the gig and it is the BEST opener to any U2 album. Its my fave song from Achtung Baby:wink:

Back
Top Bottom