song of the day 08/20: Christmas Baby Please Come Home.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
song of the day 08/20: Christmas Baby Please Come Home.

This one is a cover.

1. listen to the song (even though it is off season)
2. Read the lyrics
3. post your thoughts.

It's Christmas
Baby, please come home

(Yeah!)

The snow's coming down
I'm watching it fall
Watching the people around
Baby please come home

The church bells in town
They're ringing a song
What a happy sound
Baby please come home

They're singing deck the halls
But it's not like Christmas at all
I remember when you were here
And all the fun we had last year

Pretty lights on the tree
I'm watching 'em shine
You should be here with me
Baby please come home

Baby please come home
Baby please come home

They're singing deck the halls
But it's not like Christmas at all
I remember when you were here
And all the fun we had last year

If there was a way
I'd hold back these tears
But it's Christmas day
Baby please come home
Ohh...

Baby please come home
Baby please come home
Baby please come home
Ohh...
Baby please come home
Baby please come home

:up: Best Christmas song ever! (insert sarcasim here)

I'm one of those people that can handle Christmas songs only at Christmas. There are Christmas songs I like better, but considering I usually can't stand seasonal songs by artists I otherwise enjoy, it's not too bad. Cheesy lyrics, though.

It's a pretty awful song, but it is a combo of two wonderful things - U2 and the holidays - so I guess you take what you can get.

It doesnt really matter. Its her game so we should let her play it the way she wants.

Besides, as Khan said, this could go on for quite some time if she does every song. :D

KhanadaRhodes - That is why it is call song of the day.
DaveC - It is done by random actually. I got bored at work at put all the song titles in a jar and pull the song out every morning and post it here.
beli - Thank you for that.

There is not much going on here until the new album comes out so it is just a way to pass the time and get some interest somewhat on the board. :)

madonna's child said:
It's a pretty awful song, but it is a combo of two wonderful things - U2 and the holidays - so I guess you take what you can get.

:shame:

It's a great cover! :up:
Maybe not as good as the original (by Darlene Love, found on the best Christmas album ever: Phil Spector's A Christmas Gift To You. BTW, Darlene sings backing vocals on U2's version!) but just as joyous.

:dance:

It's better than Bon Jovi's version, that's for sure. I enjoy the song, I listen to it once in a while. During the X-Mas season our work pipes in Christmas songs instead of the usual instrumental boring songs and this song sometimes comes up and I get excited because I am hearing U2 at work and everyone else is hearing the same thing too.

if you ask me, it's the worst thing U2's ever recorded, even worse than happiness is a warm gun

We didn't ask you. :p
But since you've mentioned it, why do you think it's the worst thing they've recorded?

*disagrees, obviously*

:heart: :applaud: I love it!! NOt the best they have ever recorded, no, but it's U2 at Christmas time!! They look like they are having such a good time during the video! Always puts me in a good mood around the holidays! :wink: To Isabelle-Don't pay any attention to the critics....I think this it cool..song of the day! Why not? it's fun, and I have always love U2' s music...so U
Go Girl! :wink:

i just can't stand to listen to any of the song. maybe its the song and its not just u2, but its the only song for certain that u2 has recorded that i can say with 100% certainty that i loathe.

i dont like the lame christmas lyrics even if it is the holiday season, rather listen to carol of the bells or something for a festive mood.

the melody, everything about it... just dont like it, and i like almost everything u2's ever done, but this? :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom