Song of the day 03-08-05: Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cassis

Refugee
Yahweh

Take these shoes
Click clacking down some dead end street
Take these shoes and make them fit
Take this shirt
Polyester white trash made in nowhere
Take this shirt and make it clean, clean
Take this soul
Stranded in some skin and bones
Take this soul and make it sing, sing

Yahweh, Yahweh
Always pain before a child is born
Yahweh, Yahweh
Still I’m waiting for the dawn

Take these hands
Teach them how to carry
Take these hands, don’t make a fist, no
Take this mouth
So quick to criticise
Take this mouth, give it a kiss

Yahweh, Yahweh
Yahweh, Yahweh
Still I’m waiting for the dawn

Still waiting for the dawn
The sun is coming up
The sun is coming up on the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean

Yahweh, Yahweh
Yahweh, Yahweh
Why the dark before the dawn

Take this city
A city should be shining on the hill
Take this city if it be your will
What no man can own, no man can take
Take this heart
Take this heart
Take this heart
And make it break

I'm not that fond of the studio version (I think it's maybe the weakest track on HTDAAB), but the acoustic live version on the tour is excellent. :up:

Popmartijn said:
I'm not that fond of the studio version (I think it's maybe the weakest track on HTDAAB), but the acoustic live version on the tour is excellent. :up:

:hmm: Disagree. They should play it full band on the tour. They are leaving out the best part of the song on the acoustic thing they do on the tour :huh:

The weakest track on the album, without contest: All Because of You. Used to be B-side material for this band.

Disagree. ABOY is one of the best tracks on HTDAAB. Good lyrics too (and that coming from an atheist).
:wink:

i like it on the record and i don't dislike it live

yet i like it more as studioversion

Popmartijn said:
Disagree. ABOY is one of the best tracks on HTDAAB. Good lyrics too (and that coming from an atheist).
:wink:

:shrug: Well I guess we won't agree then :wink: You can't discuss taste. IMO ABOY is just too plain, simple and noisy to be interesting as a song.

I really like this song. When I first started listening to it I thought it was the "Grace" of HTDAAB. I don't really like Grace much - it's pleasant, but I always feel like it was just thrown in to give 11 songs to the record and be a nice closer.

I soon realised that Yahweh was a lot more than that :up: I especially love the "ahhhh-ah-ahhh-ah-ahhh-ah-ahhh-ah-ahhhh" part.

This song makes me screams like girls for Backstreet Boys or for Justin Timberlake! I just love it... (I have my reasons) but it became my favourite U2 song. Me and my band, we have already tried to make a cover of this song, but we haven't got there yet... :heart: :heart: :heart: But at first it was a song that made me cry because of its atmosphere...

I'm a total ABOY nutter, just to stick in my 2p ;)

As for this song, I never really listen to it intentionally, that is unless the album or a shuffle is on and it happens to come on. I liked the live version, it was really pretty and I always love acoustic versions.

MsMofoGone said:
Yahweh :applaud:

I won't discuss All Because Of You :tsk:

:bow: :bow: :up: :up:

Yahweh »» Best song in HTDAAB!!!!
I've learned the chords on the guitar and now I can't stop playing it!!

The live version is quite good but I prefer the album version.

Good song, haven't heard the live version yet. I just don't like the chorus, it just seems out of place, but, the song is still good.

Love it, love it, love it!
Im in so much love with Yahweh

One of the best U2 songs, and an already classic thats for sure
Its spiritual feel, its passion, and its great lyrics make it a brilliant tune

"Yahweh tell me WHY!!!!, why the dark before the dawn
oooooooo"

U2 at their best

Love the song, but feel it's overproduced on the album. Too much going on. Also, the chorus is ... I don't know ... weird, on the album. Or something. The gentler, acoustic live version works much better, even though it's missing that nice part at the end.

i like all versions of this song. i think it's one of the better songs on HTDAAB.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song. I like the acoustic live version, but I still think the studio version rocks. Also, the studio version (unlike the live version) has the "love is coming up" section, which is the best part of the song.

What's wrong with the chorus? It sounds perfect to me, with some of Bono's best vocals on the album.

It's Bono's vocal in the chorus I don't like, I think. I'm not exactly sure what it is ... it's like he's pushing it too hard, or something.

"yah WAYYYYYYYY! yah WAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!"

He's a little more tender with it live, and I think it works better.

I never wanna hear it again,the way he sings the word YAHWEH :barf: makes my ears hurt,I never thought one of my favorite vocalists could make me feel this way.

I thought this song was hated, only one person on this thread dislikes it!

I think it's great myself, easily one of the best on the album! But for all those people who say its the best on the album...

:mad: :mad: :mad: *cough* CITY OF BLINDLING LIGHTS *cough* :mad: :mad: :mad:

Only three days until the HTDAAB worst song survivor! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom