song/album battles, wtf!!! why???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

t8thgr8

War Child
why does everyone want to put u2 songs up against eachother, whats the fucking point? to downgrade the newer or older track? wow, talk about a good time.

vertigo vs elevation.......who gives a shit. how many threads do we need on this subject? apparently 8. its rediculous. they are two completely different songs in two completely different eras.

achtung baby versus joshua tree. oooh hot topic there but you know what? you cant compare the two, its like audi vs maytag.
in the end you dont get anywhere and all it does is set a threshold for u2 bashing (or constructive criticism whichever you happen to call it). just critique the damned song, if you dont like the particular effect egde threw down on vertigo, fine but dont dig up "thrill me" just to have something to put it up against. its lame.

moral: just take every new song and put it in the u2 arsenal of kick ass songs that theyve built to go back on and blow people away with when on tour. elevation was a good song, vertigo is a great song, there both really nice to have in a melting pot to look back on when your life's work is complete. im envious of u2s entire work and how theyve done it their way, theyve truly beaten this game called life and they did it with gods given talent.

just look at each new bit that u2 has to offer as another chapter in their incredible book. dont cxompare chapters with eachother, its stupid.

be lucky

i don't mind comparing of tracks as long as its constructive.. when you got someone bashing a band member's performance because they don't like the make up of the song, thats a bit different

Whoa, throttle back there turbo! Nothing wrong with comparing/contrasting two awesome songs....If you don't like it, then don't participate. By saying you prefer one to the other doesn't negate the quality of the other :wink:

u2granny said:

OFFTOPIC

Granny, I haven't been able to tear my eyes away from your sig. :D He just rocks back and forth...back and forth...

/OFFTOPIC

Well at least it's all in good fun. The fights used to be nasty, Popfights, ATYCLB bashing, it was awful! Now they're mostly just games that started when we didnt' have much to discuss.

GibsonGirl said:

OFFTOPIC

Granny, I haven't been able to tear my eyes away from your sig. :D He just rocks back and forth...back and forth...

/OFFTOPIC

I could change it to this.

nightandday4.gif

or this

nightandday3.gif

u2granny said:

I could change it to this.

nightandday4.gif

or this

nightandday3.gif

Oh, you're killing me here! In a good way, of course. :wink: The one you have now is better though, because you can't quite see what he's doing... and you can fill the details in yourself. :D

Note to self: MUST GET OUT OF THE GUTTER!

t8thgr8 said:
why does everyone want to put u2 songs up against eachother, whats the fucking point? to downgrade the newer or older track? wow, talk about a good time.

vertigo vs elevation.......who gives a shit. how many threads do we need on this subject? apparently 8. its rediculous. they are two completely different songs in two completely different eras.

just look at each new bit that u2 has to offer as another chapter in their incredible book. dont cxompare chapters with eachother, its stupid.

Why thank you, oh mighty, all knowing one!

And what is the point of this thread? To denigrate your fellow posters? To show how much better a fan you are than those who wish to compare and contrast two songs? If you don't want to compare songs, don't.

GibsonGirl said:

Oh, you're killing me here! In a good way, of course. :wink: The one you have now is better though, because you can't quite see what he's doing... and you can fill the details in yourself. :D

Note to self: MUST GET OUT OF THE GUTTER!
:eyebrow: :ohmy: :shifty: The moving back and fourth up close picture looks like he's been caught!!!:laugh: :eek:

Last edited:
Re: Re: song/album battles, wtf!!! why???

indra said:

Why thank you, oh mighty, all knowing one!

And what is the point of this thread? To denigrate your fellow posters? To show how much better a fan you are than those who wish to compare and contrast two songs? If you don't want to compare songs, don't.

what does my impeccable knowledge have to do with anything????

you obviously dont understand too many things so i shouldnt expect you to understand the point of this thread.
keep on flooding the board with your redundant threads, ill give you a topic.........tomorrow vs the mission impossible theme :up:

Re: Re: Re: song/album battles, wtf!!! why???

t8thgr8 said:
you obviously dont understand too many things so i shouldnt expect you to understand the point of this thread.

And you obviously don't know how to be nice to people. There's no reason you need to get personal and insult someone's intelligence just because they don't agree with you.

Back on topic please, folks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: song/album battles, wtf!!! why???

HelloAngel said:

don't be nice to people. There's no reason you need to

if youre going to quote me, quote my entire post. taking me out of context just makes me look like a rogue bastard.

t8thgr8 said:

keep on flooding the board with your redundant threads, ill give you a topic.........tomorrow vs the mission impossible theme :up:

^ Okay - entire post. The insult is still as clear.

We're not bulletproof, neither are you.
Let's keep it copacetic, or this thread is thru.

t8thgr8 said:

First...to Hello Angel -- the topic of the little darling's thread is to insult people who disagree with him, hence my original bitch slap.

Second...to the little darling himself -- if you had a smidgen of the knowledge you claim, you would realize that not only am I not the author of the threads which so offend your delicate constitution, but I have also not posted in them. Perhaps you would do well to check you facts before you ram you head even further up...well...I'm sure it's a region you've explored thoroughly. :)

Now...on to important topics. u2granny...just what the heck is Bono doing in that first photo? It looks mildly obscence.... Not that there's anything wrong with that! :wink:

And to Hello Angel...ummm...I'm through now. Sorry. The boy needed it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: song/album battles, wtf!!! why???

indra said:

First...to Hello Angel -- the topic of the little darling's thread is to insult people who disagree with him, hence my original bitch slap.

Second...to the little darling himself -- if you had a smidgen of the knowledge you claim, you would realize that not only am I not the author of the threads which so offend your delicate constitution, but I have also not posted in them. Perhaps you would do well to check you facts before you ram you head even further up...well...I'm sure it's a region you've explored thoroughly. :)

Now...on to important topics. u2granny...just what the heck is Bono doing in that first photo? It looks mildly obscence.... Not that there's anything wrong with that! :wink:

And to Hello Angel...ummm...I'm through now. Sorry. The boy needed it.

ooh you got me good old girl, i wasnt singling you out. you were pro battle threads and so i told you (and the rest of your clan) to keep them going. and as i recall YOU claimed my knowledge, i was just letting you know it was true.

lastly, i never insulted anyone in my original post. the flaming didnt start until YOU stoked the fire. so while i cram my head further up my own ass, i may pass you along the way. ill be sure to say hello, you piece of sh.... yeah that thrusting bono disturbs me, where can i get the entire video u2 granny?

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: song/album battles, wtf!!! why???

t8thgr8 said:

ooh you got me good old girl, i wasnt singling you out. you were pro battle threads and so i told you (and the rest of your clan) to keep them going. and as i recall YOU claimed my knowledge, i was just letting you know it was true.

lastly, i never insulted anyone in my original post. the flaming didnt start until YOU stoked the fire. so while i cram my head further up my own ass, i may pass you along the way. ill be sure to say hello, you piece of sh.... yeah that thrusting bono disturbs me, where can i get the entire video u2 granny?

A response to the important point. I don't know. I got it from U2Star long ago. I think I'll change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom