Sometimes You Can't...(Alt.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LJT said:

ahh:reject:

sorry kinda new around here still getting used to things...and i didn't realise these were on itunes:scratch:

No no don't be sorry, you didn't know.

Yeah these songs were included in the Complete U2 box set sold on iTunes for $150 and they're not sold separately. Plus many fans don't have iTunes in their country. It kinda sucks but "the man" is making the rounds on sites so much, we just have to be careful. :slant:

Last edited:
Am listening to the alternate version of ABOY right now for the first time in a couple months....am I losing my mind or are the lyrics totally different from the album version except for the last verse?

I was thinking a version more musically like the album version with the vocal delivery of the alt and probably lyrics too except the Cedarwood Lane verse.

LJT said:
I was thinking a version more musically like the album version with the vocal delivery of the alt and probably lyrics too except the Cedarwood Lane verse.

Meh.

At this point I feel that the alt version is better than the album version in every way. Who knows what I'll think in the future, but for right now, that's it.

neutral said:

No no don't be sorry, you didn't know.

Yeah these songs were included in the Complete U2 box set sold on iTunes for $150 and they're not sold separately. Plus many fans don't have iTunes in their country. It kinda sucks but "the man" is making the rounds on sites so much, we just have to be careful. :slant:

'the man' sounds scary...some corporate lawyer type guy?

shaun vox said:

the links are not working plese put some new ones up thaks!!

i have to email them to you i can't put up links sorry...but if you give me your email they shall be on there way.

namkcuR said:
Am listening to the alternate version of ABOY right now for the first time in a couple months....am I losing my mind or are the lyrics totally different from the album version except for the last verse?

They're totally different. And better. "I had the universe decoded and the atom split." :drool: HOW COULD YOU THROW THAT AWAY U2, HOW?!?!!? *ahem*

Zootlesque, you should check out my thread in Where the Album has a Name :wink:

namkcuR said:

It's not one guy. "The man" is a composite of any corperate businessman/lawyer type you can imagine.

ahh has there been trouble with 'the man' before and Interference?

AtomicBono said:

Zootlesque, you should check out my thread in Where the Album has a Name :wink:

I did see it. Thought I'd listen to Xanax first and then respond. Listening to it right now. Sounds more like a straightforward rock song. :hmm:

maybe Winamp? its what i use plus its compatible...

Yes... it only works on Winamp, not WMA and not Real. U2DMFan, just get Winamp (free). It plays all these 'm 4 a' extension files.

neutral said:

It's been awhile but yeah. (Try clicking the "lyrics" and "tabs" links at the top of the page. )

I honestly don't understand why they would give a cease and desist order, over lyrics or tabs:huh: you can get them everywhere over the internet...any number of sites have them..and whats the problem of having them anyway, its not infringing copyright is it?:madspit:

Zootlesque said:
Doesn't bother me... I know the route to the secret Interference lyrics page! :shh:

:bow: i worship at your feet oh great one

:wink:

Zootlesque said:

you've got mail. :wink:

thanks man but bed for me now..night all

...and at least tomorrow the Twickenham concert will be on BBC Radio 2 from 9pm UK time...i think all you Americans should be able to get it via the BBCs website...it should be broadcast online too..

again night:wink:

They played in RealPlayer for me... :shrug: I can't download iTunes on this computer and it doesn't have WinAmp. Oh well, I guess I'm just special :angel:

The acoustic version on the DVD is amazing, best version I think. It looks like Bono might not actually be playing the guitar in it, just faking, but I'm not sure. It's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom