Sometimes video question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
okay 2 quick question about the Sometimes video

1) the version i first saw on u2.com had an intro where bono is singing the first verse acappela and the actual song joins in, but they are not totally in sync. the video released on tv does not have this. am i crazy?

2) on the u2.com version i could have sworn in the scene where bono rolls off his bed and looks straight into the camera he holds the look into the camera for a second IN REAL TIME. on the tv video it appears that the look into the camera is frozen and held for a second. again, am i crazy?

Maybe ur TV is messed up or something, u have cable or satellite?

cuz my cable freezes up alot, damn u brighthouse

no i have a cpu file of the video with the 'freeze' as well.
my question is this...is the 'look' he gives the camera done my video manipulation and 'freezing' the frame for an extended second, or is bono actually looking at the camera for an extended second in REAL TIME? i think i'm going insane.

marik said:
okay 2 quick question about the Sometimes video

1) the version i first saw on u2.com had an intro where bono is singing the first verse acappela and the actual song joins in, but they are not totally in sync. the video released on tv does not have this. am i crazy?

The video shown on vh1 has this too. He's singing the first part live at the video shoot. Listen carefully when you see it next time on tv; you can hear the studio version of the song playing in the background.

the one I've seen on TV here has the studio intro

but the one I downloaded when the video was first released in Europe was the acapella intro

it might be another one of those Europe/North America things

I was a little disappointed though, the acapella into is great

theres two versions which play on TV.. i think Muchmusic alternates them because i've heard both the acapella and the studio versions

i've also downloaded high quality DVD versions which were captured from the same TV station (http://abc.net.au/rage/rage.htm), and one version has the acapella, and the other is the studio

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom