Something most of you will hate: the Achtung Baby EP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Forget Achtung Baby the album. The following EP and single releases would've been much better, albeit not as successful.

1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Lady With The Spinning Head
4. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
5. Acrobat
6. Wild Irish Rose
7. Love Is Blindness

Singles:

1. The Fly/Zoo Station/Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. Wild Irish Rose/Night And Day/Ultra Violet/Mysterious Ways
3. Acrobat/One/So Cruel
4. Love Is Blindness/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/Salome

That's more like it!

umm... how about this?

zoo station
even better than the real thing
one
until the end of the world
who's gonna ride your wild horses
so cruel
the fly
mysterious ways
tryin to throw your arms around the world
ultraviolet (light my way)
acrobat
love is blindness

yes... much better. :cool:

MrBrau1 said:
You can't have The Fly and Lady w/ A Spinning head back to back, they share the same guitar solo at one point.:wink:

A modified LWTSH. After all, it's going on an album!

Though I was only intending to have six tracks, so it can go if needs be.

Zootlesque said:
umm... how about this?

zoo station
one
so cruel
the fly
mysterious ways
acrobat
love is blindness

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Zootlesque said:
umm... how about this?

zoo station
one
so cruel
the fly
mysterious ways
acrobat
love is blindness

:barf:

It could at least flow better! I mean, EBTTRT --> One? So Cruel --> The Fly? Ultra Violet --> Acrobat?

Axver said:

It could at least flow better! I mean, EBTTRT --> One? So Cruel --> The Fly? Ultra Violet --> Acrobat?

It flows just fine, Axver.

AB is brilliant. You are wrong and the rest of us are right. :wink:

MrBrau1 said:
Now Zooropa, there's an EP waiting to happen. Actually, it was SUPPOSED to be an EP.

No, the only songs I'd take off of Zooropa - and this is only if I have to - are Some Days Are Better Than Others and The Wanderer.

Zooropa
Babyface
Numb
Lemon
Stay
Daddy's Gonna Pay
The First Time
Dirty Day

:drool:

Axver said:

As the last note of EBTTRT fades away, those 3 clicks that start off One just sound perfect to me. Even before The Fly starts playing I can hear the sound of that wicked guitar in my mind as So Cruel comes to a close. Ultraviolet-Acrobat-LIB is the holy trinity.. enough said. In other words, it's a terrific album that has great flow. So what if the hard and soft songs (or the fast and slow ones) are mixed up? Sounds great!

And Axver, for your information, I cannot imagine AB having any other track order. I can't imagine not hearing the quiet drumsticks of One after the end of EBTTRT. I can't imagine not hearing the wailing of UTEOTW after Bono's howling at the end of One. It shouldn't be any other way.

namkcuR said:
And Axver, for your information, I cannot imagine AB having any other track order. I can't imagine not hearing the quiet drumsticks of One after the end of EBTTRT. I can't imagine not hearing the wailing of UTEOTW after Bono's howling at the end of One. It shouldn't be any other way.

Needless to say... AMEN!!!!!

One...UTEOTW :drool: x infinity

Zootlesque said:

As the last note of EBTTRT fades away, those 3 clicks that start off One just sound perfect to me. Even before The Fly starts playing I can hear the sound of that wicked guitar in my mind as So Cruel comes to a close. Ultraviolet-Acrobat-LIB is the holy trinity.. enough said. In other words, it's a terrific album that has great flow. So what if the hard and soft songs (or the fast and slow ones) are mixed up? Sounds great!

Well, I completely disagree with you.

And the Holy Trinity opens JT.

namkcuR said:

I can imagine it being another way, and believe you me, it's so much better.

U2 really dropped the ball with Achtung's tracklisting and song inclusions/exclusions.

namkcuR said:

I find the album that way too. As you continuously listen through it, you begin to get used to it.

My personal favorite is Ultraviolet into Acrobat. From that final note that Edge plays and Bono's voice fading out, then it slowly drifts into Acrobat with Larry pounding away with the drumsticks.

I couldn't imagine it any other way.

But that's just me!

Axver said:

I can imagine it being another way, and believe you me, it's so much better.

U2 really dropped the ball with Achtung's tracklisting and song inclusions/exclusions.

And yet you think HTDAAB - an album with such a horrendus running order that there are no words to describe it - is U2's second best record.

Oh, and I thought you liked WGRYWH?

namkcuR said:

And yet you think HTDAAB - an album with such a horrendus running order that there are no words to describe it - is U2's second best record.

Oh, and I thought you liked WGRYWH?

HTDAAB has a sensational running order on the whole, thankyouverymuch.

I like WGRYWH live - one of the Boston highlights. In the studio, it doesn't really affect me. U2 have said they didn't complete it to their satisfaction and I wish they'd held onto it, done more work, and put a completed version on Zooropa.

Axver said:

HTDAAB has a sensational running order on the whole, thankyouverymuch.

I like WGRYWH live - one of the Boston highlights. In the studio, it doesn't really affect me. U2 have said they didn't complete it to their satisfaction and I wish they'd held onto it, done more work, and put a completed version on Zooropa.

Oh, nonsense. WGRYWH is great on the record and great on the temple bar mixes too.

HTDAAB's running order is horrendus. Ghastly.

namkcuR said:

Oh, nonsense. WGRYWH is great on the record and great on the temple bar mixes too.

HTDAAB's running order is horrendus. Ghastly.

Nonsense.

namkcuR said:

The word of one who wouldn't include 'One', 'So Cruel', 'The Fly', and 'Ultraviolet' on his version of AB cannot be taken seriously.

:rolleyes:

Love your superiorist taste.

And your observation skills: The Fly is my second track on the Achtung EP and the lead single.

Axver said:

:rolleyes:

Love your superiorist taste.

And your observation skills: The Fly is my second track on the Achtung EP and the lead single.

My bad.

Still.

And what do you mean 'superiorist taste'? You think I think I'm better than you or something?

namkcuR said:
And what do you mean 'superiorist taste'? You think I think I'm better than you or something?

Yeah. You seem to think anyone who doesn't rate One as one of the best songs ever has some inferior taste and can't be taken seriously (as you said only a couple of posts ago).

liamcool said:
This thread is still useless. There, I've said it three times now. Why do we argue about these things?

Because we're all fucking losers playing on a message board on Friday nite.

Back
Top Bottom