Something most of you will hate: the Achtung Baby EP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The UF EP:

1. The Three Sunrises
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. Wire
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Promenade
6. 4th Of July
7. Bad

Singles:
1. The Three Sunrises/MLK/Pride
2. The Unforgettable Fire/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
3. A Sort Of Homecoming/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/Elvis Presley And America
4. Wire/Indian Summer Sky/Love Comes Tumbling

The JT EP:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Running To Stand Still
5. One Tree Hill
6. Exit
7. Mothers Of The Disappeared

Singles:
1. With Or Without You/Walk To The Water/Luminous Times
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Spanish Eyes/The Sweetest Thing
3. Where The Streets Have No Name/Trip Through Your Wires/Race Against Time/Silver And Gold
4. One Tree Hill/Red Hill Mining Town/In God's Country

Axver said:
The JT EP:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Running To Stand Still
5. One Tree Hill
6. Exit
7. Mothers Of The Disappeared

Singles:
1. With Or Without You/Walk To The Water/Luminous Times
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Spanish Eyes/The Sweetest Thing
3. Where The Streets Have No Name/Trip Through Your Wires/Race Against Time/Silver And Gold
4. One Tree Hill/Red Hill Mining Town/In God's Country

No Bullet at all? Nothing? Nada?

namkcuR said:

No Bullet at all? Nothing? Nada?

:lmao: I knew I forgot something!

Haha, can't believe I did that! Put Bullet before Silver And Gold on the Streets single.

Axver said:

:lmao: I knew I forgot something!

Haha, can't believe I did that! Put Bullet before Silver And Gold on the Streets single.

Haha, these singles are becoming EPs in and of themselves :wink:

Axver,, Make a ATYCLB EP then,,

ATYCLB should just have been a single.

Walk on/When i look at the world

namkcuR said:

Haha, these singles are becoming EPs in and of themselves :wink:

Yeah, Streets is a bit long now! Either put Trip on ISHFWILF between Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing, or Race Against Time on WOWY after Luminous Times.

yimou said:

Kite? Ground Beneath Her Feet? Grace?

ATYCLB EP:

1. When I Look At The World
2. Kite
3. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
4. Beautiful Day
5. Grace
6. Walk On

Singles:

1. Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always
2. When I Look At The World/Peace On Earth/Stuck In A Moment
3. Kite/New York/Elevation
4. Walk On/Flower Child/Levitate

Axver said:

Kite? Ground Beneath Her Feet? Grace?

ATYCLB EP:

1. When I Look At The World
2. Kite
3. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
4. Beautiful Day
5. Grace
6. Walk On

Singles:

1. Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always
2. When I Look At The World/Peace On Earth/Stuck In A Moment
3. Kite/New York/Elevation
4. Walk On/Flower Child/Levitate

I would buy it :up: Its pretty much the only songs i like from ATYCLB.

yimou said:

Why would you throw off the most progressive songs on the record (IALW and Wild Honey)?

ATYCLB haters always complain about the lack of experimentation.

Do they realise IALW and Wild Honey are at the core of progression from that album?

How about we contact U2 and tell them to only release EPs from now on? :wink:

i just had to say something...

AB as an EP? that is blasphemy.

AB is perfect just as it is. i cannot imagine omitting any song from the album...it is unthinkable.

You're both wrong, here is the correct ATYCLB EP:

Beautiful Day
Stuck (acoustic)
Kite
In a Little While
When I Look
New York
Walk On

The Ground Beneath Her Feet was on the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack first so I won't put it on there, even though it's practically my favourite U2 song ever.

They could have made an EP of the songs from the soundtrack too...

This thread should become the "let's see what EPs we can make out of every album" thread :wink:

Last edited:
The EP EP.

1. "Elvis Ate America"
2. "Elvis Presley and America"
3. "Can't Help Falling In Love"

You cannot mess with AB! God that'd be like messing with, erm... something unmessable. It just wouldn't work as well if you did.

But LWTSH is unbelievable, it rocks.

Axver said:

:barf:

It could at least flow better! I mean, EBTTRT --> One? So Cruel --> The Fly? Ultra Violet --> Acrobat?

You can not improve on perfection. The above comments I presume are from someone who just thinks HTDAAB is the greatest thing since Unforgettable Fire and SHitty of Blinding Lights is one of the greatest tracks ever! Or am I wrong?:wink:

chickadee said:
Flow better? Eh? The concept of AB is passing people by, I fear.

There IS no concept. Some people need to stop reading things that aren't there into albums.

rjhbonovox said:

You can not improve on perfection. The above comments I presume are from someone who just thinks HTDAAB is the greatest thing since Unforgettable Fire and SHitty of Blinding Lights is one of the greatest tracks ever! Or am I wrong?:wink:

Wrong: City Of Blinding Lights is not shitty.

Axver said:

There IS no concept. Some people need to stop reading things that aren't there into albums.

Of course there is. The record is about a failed relationship...the flow of the record is the flow of the guy flowing thorugh the emotions of fake indifference to the realization of his real pain to his desperation to keep the relationship from ending to the transformation of his pain into cynisim and anger to the finale of basically denouncing love.

Axver said:

Of course there's a concept! I'm not reading into anything - it's all there on the album for everyone to hear.

namkcuR said:

Of course there is. The record is about a failed relationship...the flow of the record is the flow of the guy flowing thorugh the emotions of fake indifference to the realization of his real pain to his desperation to keep the relationship from ending to the transformation of his pain into cynisim and anger to the finale of basically denouncing love.

No it isn't. That's simply not there, it's just some idea someone pulled out of their arse one day. I was rather surprised to say the least when someone first suggested to me there was a story running through Achtung, especially considering U2 don't make concept albums.

Songs like TTTYAATW and Acrobat, separated by just a single track, don't have squat to do with each other. Heck, Ultra Violet and Acrobat, consecutive tracks, couldn't be more different. And UTEOTW's from Judas to Jesus, so unless you're going to tell me the entire album is about some failed relationship Judas wanted to have with Jesus ( :lol: ), it doesn't fit in with the story.

Axver said:

No it isn't. That's simply not there, it's just some idea someone pulled out of their arse one day. I was rather surprised to say the least when someone first suggested to me there was a story running through Achtung, especially considering U2 don't make concept albums.

Songs like TTTYAATW and Acrobat, separated by just a single track, don't have squat to do with each other. Heck, Ultra Violet and Acrobat, consecutive tracks, couldn't be more different. And UTEOTW's from Judas to Jesus, so unless you're going to tell me the entire album is about some failed relationship Judas wanted to have with Jesus ( :lol: ), it doesn't fit in with the story.

Haven't you ever heard of a song having multiple meanings? You know, back before U2000 when Bono wrote complex lyrics. Yes, UTEOTW is about Judas and Jesus in one meaning. In another, if you read the lyrics, it could EASILY be read as two former lovers running into each other at a party or something with one trying to rekindle said romance while the other wants none of it. Both meanings are valid.

As for TTTYAATW, UV, and Acrobat. TTTYAATW is the sound the guy in a bar becoming more and more cynical about love. UV is the sound of the guy sobered up, remembering moments in the past relationship, longing for his love to be back and 'light his way'. Acrobat is the sound of the guy realizing he his a hypocrite if he thinks all those cynical thoughts about love not exisiting or not being real but then turns around and wants his love back.

You think there's only three people that see this concept? You're in the minority.

And unless you want to tell me there's only one aspect to every song, I think you've got it wrong. UTEOTW is about Judas and Jesus, but in the scheme of the album it's also about 2 lovers. The songs you mentioned aren't there 'to do' with each other - they fit into the flow of the album. Of course it doesn't explicitly say 'this is the story' and be obvious about it. The songs are there to stand alone. But they also have a bigger picture.

And well, maybe it was Bono's arse they pulled it out of, since he's said this before as well.

I'll just argue the UTEOTW case for now: Bono's rather explicitly stated it's from Judas to Jesus, he wrote it with that intention in mind, and any other meanings have been created by other individuals.

So I reiterate, unless the album is about some failed relationship Judas wanted with Jesus (which is a laughable notion!), you have to get around the fact that UTEOTW doesn't have a thing to do with this 'story' you think is there.

Axver said:
I'll just argue the UTEOTW case for now: Bono's rather explicitly stated it's from Judas to Jesus, he wrote it with that intention in mind, and any other meanings have been created by other individuals.

So I reiterate, unless the album is about some failed relationship Judas wanted with Jesus (which is a laughable notion!), you have to get around the fact that UTEOTW doesn't have a thing to do with this 'story' you think is there.

Since when are we taking everything Bono says verbatim? 'Punk Rock From Venus'. 'Pop is going to be a dance album'. etc etc.

I am telling you, you are in the minority here.

Back
Top Bottom