Something about the EBTTRT video..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
So I am watching the Best of DVD and I always wondered about something in regards to the Even Better Than The Real Thing video.. There are a couple of scenes of the band playing inside what looks like a store and there are people watching them from outside on the street.... Where and when was this filmed? Did U2 actually do some sort of in store performance prior to the Zoo TV tour or something?

If you listen to the director's commentary, he explains that the shots in the store window parts alternate back and forth between the real U2 and a fake U2. A kind of a play on the title of the song.

greenlight7-11 said:
If you listen to the director's commentary, he explains that the shots in the store window parts alternate back and forth between the real U2 and a fake U2. A kind of a play on the title of the song.

ohh yeah, i forgot to listen to the main videos with commentary on. for some reason i only watched the extra videos with commentary.

Yep - it was a clothes shop called 'Zoo' on Carnaby Street, London

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I think it's actually a cover band. It's easiest to tell by looking at "larry"

Every U2 cover band I have seen pictures of, at least one of the members looks nothing like the person he is portraying. Fake Larry's widow's peak aside, this bunch looks remarkably like the real thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom