Someone tell me about 'Streets' in the ZOO TV era...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I haven't seen a performance of it, I've only heard it -- can someone describe what it was like?

Big red Video Walls...people screaming.....Bono walking back to the main stage...riff starts...bass booms...dozens of lights blaring on the crowd...great stuff. I'm sure someone else can give a better description than that though :wink:. If you ever get the chance I strongly recomment you purchase or watch at least once Zoo TV live from Sydney. :up:

Fucking brilliant. :D

All the screens that showed the words and phrases during The Fly would turn red. They would play the song after RTSS, and the synth would bleed into Streets so subtly it was hard to pick up at first.

They brought the house lights up, in the same place they always do.

Zoo TV was the first U2 concert I ever saw. Also the best one I have ever seen, of the two tours since then. Definitely you should check out the Zoo TV Sydney video.

The start of the song

zootv153.jpg

The red screens

zootv155.jpg

zootv162.jpg

I always thought it "ironic" that, with all of the technology talked about as part of ZooTV, the video quality is horrendous!! I almost prefer to watch it in black and white! :huh:

I REALLY hope they re-master and re-release it on DVD!!
PopMart too!

whitehead said:
I always thought it "ironic" that, with all of the technology talked about as part of ZooTV, the video quality is horrendous!! I almost prefer to watch it in black and white! :huh:

I REALLY hope they re-master and re-release it on DVD!!
PopMart too!

ME TOO!

I want to see a two-disc set. One with Zoo TV Sydney, and one of the AB Videos and Interference. My videotape of that is practically worn out!

miss becky said:
I want to see a two-disc set. One with Zoo TV Sydney, and one of the AB Videos and Interference. My videotape of that is practically worn out!

I burnt mine to a DVD just recently to prevent any further wear.

Curiously though, my burner said that my Popmart VHS was protected and couldn't copy it!! :sad: :huh:

something not on the video which i thought was great: on the video walls during the song they showed old footage of the band walking around the desert during the jt photo shoot. during at least 2 shows i was at, bono looked back at the video screens and yelled, "hey you, i remember you" and at that moment in the video he would turn around and wave. pretty funny and very zoo tv.

Back
Top Bottom