Someone Else is at Slane...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
also... ya don't seem to see anywhere on the dvd packaging and preview that they were opening for u2... and the majority of those 80,000 fans came to see u2. they seem to be advertising it like 80,000 fans in dublin sold out slane castle in under an hour to see the chili's... seems to me that they coulda had the mount temple polka band open and they woulda sold hte same # of tickets... :shrug:

I can only imagine the confusion hardcore chili pepper fans will go through when they see the chili peppers playing to 80,000 people....on U2's heart shaped stage.....with U2's equipment set up behind them.....hahaha.

i think , it's another show , RHCP played much more shows in 2001 , in 2002 and in 2003 , speaking of the best live band on earth .
..or maybe not , i'm not sure if that's a heart , but still , it's kinda cool , first you can watch RHCP as an opening act and then U2 as headliner , beats all my live compilation cdr's and tapes

Last edited:
B0000DZEE3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

i stand corrected... apparently the chili peppers headlined slane this year... i was not aware of that. all i knew was that they were an opening act for u2 at slane in 2001.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
apparently the chili peppers headlined slane this year...

Yep, the other acts were Foo Fighters, Queens of The Stone Age, etc.

[all i knew was that they were an opening act for u2 at slane in 2001.

Yeah, but tons of people went majorly to see the Chilis aswell, seeing as they've been going for 20 yrs aswell. :p

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this is deffinetly the first time i've seen someone release a dvd of a show that they were an opening act for

Linkin Park also has a cd/dvd out of one of their opening sets on the Summer Sanatarium tour.

Back
Top Bottom