Someday U2 will have a new album. Today is not that day. discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact quote or link, please.

I think some people at least considered believing him. At this point, all we have are rumors and people claiming something. Someone must have some kind of info, U2 don't live or operate inside a vacuum space that's hermetically separated from the rest of the world.

LU, i seriously cannot be arsed to scroll back and find the link to the blog - if you want to do your detective work, go ahead, it was on the fake tracklisting blog post, and the comment was on the second page :wave:

also, i would think that anyone who values their friendship with a band member, or someone in their circle, wouldn't go name-dropping or posting confidential album information on the internet when the band themselves are keeping things pretty hush hush... that's why i take these stories with a bucketload of salt... :wink:

alright here it is then:

Alan Cross - A Journal of Musical Things - Is This the Tracklisting for the New U2 Album? And Will This Be the First�Single?

Lol at Eric and Becky I can appreciate the sarcasm but I speak the truth. Maybe if Bono trips over the Edge into some cosmic whirlpool then we might get what you are looking for:)

Anyway guys,I am glad to be able to come on here and give you this priveleged information which was complete and utter horseshite anyway.

It was fun while it lasted.
Now where was I..oh yeah...Uno, dos, tres, catorce!!

September 20, 2013 | Northside Bootboy

Exact quote or link, please.

I think some people at least considered believing him. At this point, all we have are rumors and people claiming something. Someone must have some kind of info, U2 don't live or operate inside a vacuum space that's hermetically separated from the rest of the world.

Alan Cross - A Journal of Musical Things - Is This the Tracklisting for the New U2 Album? And Will This Be the First�Single?

Anyway guys,I am glad to be able to come on here and give you this priveleged information which was complete and utter horseshite anyway.

It was fun while it lasted. Now where was I..oh yeah...Uno, dos, tres, catorce!!

edit: I see mama cass did get arsed, after all. ;)

I always think that's the funniest expression ever..."I can't be arsed enough"...oh, I'm sure there's a way. /mydirtymind lol!!

I like some of the songs on it, but the rest, to me, is just :shrug:

That's a good way to summarize Passengers for me as well. I'm not above liking something like Beach Sequence (which is quite pretty), but outside of the usual suspects and stuff like Slug or the Theme from Let's Go Native, there's not much to write home about.

Thanks everyone for the links, I wasn't able to find the right post. I can't believe Alan Cross wrote about the user's comment on his blog and people were commenting on the comment actually :doh:

As for the next album release, i speculate February 2014.
Larry rules and tells the truth. Bono lies all the way...

Larry was the first to lie. He said the album would be out in September and they wanted to release again quickly afterwards. Bono has kept relatively silent until now. He spoke about wanting to release in 2014. So I don't see how he's lying here (apart from the running gag and jokes about Bono being a liar that we have here on this forum ...).

Correction, please excuse the last few threads on this topic.
:wave: welcome

I think we're so fed up and desperate for official news that the hype machine and rumours have gone completely nuts. Interference has become the best "internet reality show" about U2 ! Lol

Let's toss the BS aside and gather the facts ;

1) U2 are back at Electric Lady Studios this week to record 2-3 new songs that
Edge came up with recently (in tune with Dallas' comment in Dublin last week). They Will possibly replace the few weaker songs on the new album. People in NY keep a close watch on Electric Lady and take some snapshots !
Again, this lines up with Larry's comment to a fan in Nice recently about going back to NY this week to finish the album. Which proves that Larry tells the truth.

2) with all this, album Will be in the can by the end of the year for sure. Album out late February / early march 2014 (just like NLOTH)
And European tour in May-June

I knew that would come in handy some day. You should change your location to "Thumbing My Nose At The Mods And Getting Away With It"

Had to smile at the source of the image too...I guess you feel the need to use it regularly on the forums you frequent. You're special Laz, real special. :cute:

Says the guy publicly warned by the mods repeatedly for getting into arguments and has literally been called out by them for trolling.

How long did it take you to go hunt that .gif down? Get a life.

That may be, but it still doesn't make it a U2 album.

At a stretch, it can be called a collaborative effort (yet about half the songs lack Bono's input in lyrics, and very little riffs and/or solos from Edge) and the only things that remotely sound like U2, and deliberately so, is Your blue room and Miss Sarajevo. Eno was very much the captain of that ship...and U2 made the call this is a side project when they didn't market or release it as U2.

Only two tracks remotely sound like U2? Please. Which U2, exactly? Because they've sounded like a lot of things. It certainly sounds more like The Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa more than anything else. But the last track, Let's Go Native, sounds like an outtake from Achtung Baby without lyrics. And while the band hijacked Your Blue Room or Miss Sarajevo for a Best Of collection (clearly the reason you think they sound like the band) I don't hear anything like them in their catalogue, either. They're just the most accessible songs. But, you know, if U2 is going to stamp their name on those two, then one has to apply it to everything--Eno wasn't less involved or the band more involved on them.

Beach Sequence is mostly Bono playing piano. Chains features Edge on guitar, vocals, and keys. These tracks have minimal Eno input.

While Eno may have been the "captain of the ship", the band was involved in "writing" and performing on every track, with much of it coming from studio jams. In fact, from a performance and production aspect, Eno didn't do any more than he usually does on a U2 album; the exception here is that the album was conceived as a conceptual experiment and therefore had no verse-chorus-verse constraints.

So if there are no riffs and solos, there's no Edge. Good to know. Too bad he's a keyboard player too. Not to mention the fact that most of Passengers songs feature plenty of guitar effects.

Passengers is a U2 album as much as No Line on the Horizon is. Eno was involved in the songwriting of that record just as much.

It's useless to argue with people who disregard Passengers as a "Brian Eno solo project" because

a) 9 times out of 10 they hate the album and don't want it to be part of U2's discography
b) They usually have no knowledge of Eno's solo work to properly compare
c) The only acceptable sound for U2 is ATYCLB or, you know, whatever "classic" U2 is

Says the guy publicly warned by the mods repeatedly for getting into arguments and has literally been called out by them for trolling.

Stop being such a fucking whiney crybaby if you're gonna dish out the insults sarcasm and vitriol at least have the balls to take it back at ya without scurrying behind the "b-b-but you've been warned by the mawdddds!!1!" crap! :lmao:

dawson_crying.gif

Thanks everyone for the links, I wasn't able to find the right post. I can't believe Alan Cross wrote about the user's comment on his blog and people were commenting on the comment actually :doh:

Larry was the first to lie. He said the album would be out in September and they wanted to release again quickly afterwards. Bono has kept relatively silent until now. He spoke about wanting to release in 2014. So I don't see how he's lying here (apart from the running gag and jokes about Bono being a liar that we have here on this forum ...).

They were ready to release it this fall like Larry and Adam said in interviews earlier this year. Album was wrapped last July. But they went back on their decision. They were probaby not entirely satisfied with ALL of the songs. Edge having caught a creative vein recently it seems, according to Dallas, he must have written the few new great songs they needed to compete it to their liking.
He must have struck gold to get the guys back in the studio so quickly and make Adam work on his wedding day...

There is clearly a sense of urgency and momentum here to wrap the album up.
I'm just thrilled to know they're back at Electric Lady and working on it.
We shall have more feedback and/or pictures in the next week or so.

Hang in there people !

Stop being such a fucking whiney crybaby if you're gonna dish out the insults sarcasm and vitriol at least have the balls to take it back at ya without scurrying behind the "b-b-but you've been warned by the mawdddds!!1!" crap! :lmao:

If you have an issue with a post, I suggest that you report it or ignore it. We're getting a bit tired of having to babysit this thread.

And if you're going to call people fucking whiney crybabies at least have the sense to realize you've been suspended before and warned plenty of times. You're not immune from getting suspended again.

How long did it take you to go hunt that .gif down? Get a life.

I seem to remember asking everyone to drop this argument a few pages ago. You're just as guilty as gvox for prolonging this stupid argument.

If you have an issue with a post, I suggest that you report it or ignore it. We're getting a bit tired of having to babysit this thread.

I'm actually not having a problem with a post. I've been around Laz's unique brand of antagonistic personality since Wire days and he should be able to take being told when he's being a suck. He's just all bent out of shape because i took a crack at another thread going off topic in another section and has inexplicably started following me around being all pissy in the days since. I reckon he'll get over it soon enough, or he'll tell me to fuck off, get the fuck off the board, or any number of the choice other insults he trots out on a regular basis.

But in the interests of both heeding your post and in keeping the thread free of this kind of bullshit, duly noted. Eta: just saw your post also Diemen. It's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom