Some very unhappy news about the Propaganda Code letters - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2004, 05:59 AM   #76
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:38 AM
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I received two "test" emails from subscriptions@U2.com today. Did anybody else?

Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 AM   #77
War Child

Local Time: 12:38 PM

Like everyone else in this post I am in the same boat and PISSED!!! I would love to be involved if there is any sort of group action being taken on this matter...

Old 12-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Does anyoe know the cutoff from when the subscriptions would LEGITIMATELY be lapsed? The first thing I received from Prop was the Hasta la Vista Baby CD. And I remember seeing two Prop issues after that, which is only 3 issues.

I haven't received any email or letter yet, and have left my addresses and ID with fanfire twice in the last 2 weeks.

laz
Old 12-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Im in the same boat guys
This sucks.
I have left my old info and my new info multiple times now with Fanfire, and also have emailed the old Prop emails I had a million times in the last few months. Still have heard NOTHING.

So those of you that got that letter emailed to you..... had you called and left your email or they randomly sent it from your old info they had?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #80
War Child

Local Time: 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
Does anyoe know the cutoff from when the subscriptions would LEGITIMATELY be lapsed? The first thing I received from Prop was the Hasta la Vista Baby CD. And I remember seeing two Prop issues after that, which is only 3 issues.
Forgive my memory if this isn't correct, but from what I recall, when I subscribed to Propaganda, the fine print essentially said that your subscription would remain current until you had received four issues of the magazine (as they did not print it with any regularity whatsoever, and therefore could not limit it to a specific period -- ie. a yearly subscription).

Which, in a nutshell, means that if you did not receive four issues of Propaganda, your subscription should still be in force. Meaning that this line about lapsed subscriptions is bullshit and is meant to shut everyone up.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:49 AM   #81
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Muse

Forgive my memory if this isn't correct, but from what I recall, when I subscribed to Propaganda, the fine print essentially said that your subscription would remain current until you had received four issues of the magazine (as they did not print it with any regularity whatsoever, and therefore could not limit it to a specific period -- ie. a yearly subscription).

Which, in a nutshell, means that if you did not receive four issues of Propaganda, your subscription should still be in force. Meaning that this line about lapsed subscriptions is bullshit and is meant to shut everyone up.

Yep!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #82
Babyface

not only did it state that you WOULD get 4 issues, but that you would also get at least one premium such as one of the club cds.
i paid for my prop sub, all i got was two issues and no premium... and so far no damn letter from them giving me a code for the privilege of giving them more money to honor the original agreement.
pretty unbelievable... i mean, isn't u2 supposed to be about some sort of integrity? this is just really, really bad form.
boo. hiss.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:56 AM   #83
War Child

Local Time: 01:38 PM
Hey all. . .this may be news or repetitive. . .sorry!

I've had an active Prop membership for a long time (15 years) and had at least 2 issues due to me from my last renewal (in 1999).

I joined U2.com (subscription) then called Fanfire to relay the fact that I never received my letter with the $20 promo code. They said they'd check the database and get back to me in 24-48hrs and if they found my name they would credit me in some form, the $20.

I know some of you have mentioned they have checked the db to no avail but it seems like they are trying a little harder, at least the Fanfire rep I spoke with seemed competent, then again he could have just said that to get me off the phone. . .I guess we'll see.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:05 AM   #84
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by chango
so far no damn letter from them giving me a code for the privilege of giving them more money to honor the original agreement.
I think this is part of what's really bothering me about this whole thing. They did not fulfill the terms of the original agreement (for those of us who were left with unfulfilled Prop subscriptions), and then we not only have to give them more money, but the entire system is bogged down in incompetence.

It's absolutely inexcusable for the fanclub of a band of U2's stature.

Acrobatic, a friend of mine has called Fanfire on numerous occasions over the past couple of weeks and has been told that they cannot find her in the database, and they would look into it, to no avail. They don't seem to be in any hurry to rectify the situation for her, either. But I wish you luck.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:02 PM   #85
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2SJ
So those of you that got that letter emailed to you..... had you called and left your email or they randomly sent it from your old info they had?
Yes, I gave them all of my info over the phone, including email. That must be the only way that they got my email address since they apparently have no record of me in their Prop database.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:12 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 01:38 PM
I too had called them prior to me sending an e-mail to them about this whole situation. I spoke with a lady on the phone and provided her with all of my information. She did not bother to look any of it up. She just wrote my information down and told me she would pass it along and some one would call me back. No-one ever called back.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #87
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Acrobatic
I know some of you have mentioned they have checked the db to no avail but it seems like they are trying a little harder, at least the Fanfire rep I spoke with seemed competent, then again he could have just said that to get me off the phone. . .I guess we'll see.
How hard can you check a database? Type in last name, first name - check addresses. Fanfire's list is obviously shy some data and it doesn't appear that Fanfire cares all that much. Telling us that they are working to resolve the problem would be a lot more realistic than taking our info over and over again.

How many people here had to argue that their subscription didn't expire as the rep implied?
Old 12-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #88
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho

I'm hoping I get a letter soon, but I have a feeling I won't. And I do think if we get enough people together, we could get a lawyer to assist us. It may not be for big $, but it sure would get publicity - "FANS SUE U2!"
I would hate to do that. I hope this gets resolved soon.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:02 PM   #89
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

How could this mean your subscription lapsed? Propaganda lapsed!
Seriously.

I have been wating and waiting for this thing to come. To say that a sub lapsed is bogus. Prop was not operating.

Now I have to decide if its worth sending my money to people who obviously have no idea how to run a membership service.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:06 PM   #90
New Yorker

can some one post the email addresses of these donkeys? This is just not acceptable.