Some very unhappy news about the Propaganda Code letters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KentK said:

Yes, I gave them all of my info over the phone, including email. That must be the only way that they got my email address since they apparently have no record of me in their Prop database.

Same here, I gave my email address over the phone because I was completely wiped out of the database.

and I have found my e-mail from Prop confirming my subscription in April 2001!

I am shooting this off to fan fire right now!

hell I found a jackpot of e-mails in one of my online folders about my subscription. I also have an e-mail from Terri P. with my ID#. Is the ID number a 5 digit number??

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:

hell I found a jackpot of e-mails in one of my online folders about my subscription. I also have an e-mail from Terri P. with my ID#. Is the ID number a 5 digit number??

Yes.

You are probably somewhere in the high 20,000s judging by your join date.

anitram said:

Yes.

You are probably somewhere in the high 20,000s judging by your join date.

what do you mean by being in the high 20,000s?

btw, I am on a fact finding mission. I want to make sure someone else besides Mr. Rob at Fanfire needs know about this. Any other e-mails that I should forward this to?

Last edited:
I only received two issues as well, and no letter. I am NOT giving them anymore money for any damn memberships.

MissVelvetDress_75

What date did you get this response from Rob at "U2.com Customer Service"? Was it in the last couple days?

Do you have Rob's email address that you can provide me so I can check with him? I've tried using the u2.com "FAQ" email service but have not received a reply.

Thanks!

I talked to a "Suzanne" who told me that I shouldn't worry about ticket sales so much as most of the shows were already sold out. She then proceeded to ask me what date I wanted tickets for.

After I kindly explained that no tour has yet been announced, she said that she had U2 confused with another band. Which is interesting as she answered the phone "Hello, U2.com." :huh:

I guess Prop is now out of it completely. Terri is no longer involved with Propaganda. So I wouldnt bother emailing her any longer as I dont think anyone will get a response from her. Apparantly Prop turned their database over to Fanfire and at that point it was out of their hands. Whether the database was screwed up or Fanfire screwed it up is the question I guess. Probebly a little of both.

What is odd in my situation is that I called Fanfire several times and got different stories every time. I had both my Prop codes and they didnt want them!! I tried to give it to them several times, asked if they needed it several times and they didnt want it. Shannon finally called me at work last week and confirmed my old address and then emailed my code to me. So I never received a letter. They sent it to the address I lived at during Elevation. So I would have never received it anyway. I never had to give them a Prop code though so I dont think its a factor as some of you think.

I have a bad feeling that the ticket purchase is going to be a fiasco. So those of you that didnt get the Prop code and didnt sign up, you may be better off just going through normal channels. Unless you live in a major market (IE Chicago, NY, Boston, etc) because those tickets will go FAST. Prop didnt run like a well oiled machine with the tickets but they handled it in a decent fashion. Now that they are out of it completely, I'm not very hopeful.

Last edited:
anitram said:
I talked to a "Suzanne" who told me that I shouldn't worry about ticket sales so much as most of the shows were already sold out. She then proceeded to ask me what date I wanted tickets for.

After I kindly explained that no tour has yet been announced, she said that she had U2 confused with another band. Which is interesting as she answered the phone "Hello, U2.com." :huh:

Oh my God. Is this for real?? That is kind of unbelievable. Maybe it's like when you call an airline to book a flight and you might actually get a reservations agent who is serving time in prison. :huh: :lol:

joyfulgirl said:

Oh my God. Is this for real?? That is kind of unbelievable. Maybe it's like when you call an airline to book a flight and you might actually get a reservations agent who is serving time in prison. :huh:

Oh, it's for real alright.

She also told me that she is "sorry things didn't work out" for me after I told her that I don't see why I should pay the extra $20. She's also the one who said no discount would be given if you paid $40 then got your code in the mail afterwards.

This doesn't directly involve the Prop letters/codes but here's another lovely little problem I've discovered involving the U2.com subscriptions.

I just found something on U2log that doesn't bode well for some of us who tried to subscribe, had problems with our credit card info and assumed we were paid members because we got a welcome email :|

When you sign up to u2.com, it initially creates a free account, with limited rights (most noticeable in the Zootopia section, where you’ll only see one group). This happens before you even send them your credit card details. If for some reason you credit card payment doesn’t work out for you, you can try again later simply by closing your browser and logging in with the (free) account details sent to you. If you then click “subscribe” you’ll be sent on to the shopping cart script. Check the item “Membership” is only in there once before giving it your credit card details. The system should mail you again after your credit card payment went through.

A way of checking whether your payment went through is checking the Zootopia forum. If you’re a paid user, you’ll see additional forums in a “Subscriber Site” section. Also, under “My Profile” something like “Your Membership will expire on dd.mm.yyyy” will appear (that’s euro date format by the way).

In other words, most of us who got the U2.com email(s) today, asking us to subcribe, are probably not paid members at all, even though we gave them our credit card info. I went and checked my profile and I have no account expiration date listed and I can only access one Zootopia forum. Fuck, fuck, fuck!! Now I don't want to give them my credit card info AGAIN and end up paying them $80 down the road.

If I wouldn't have seen this, I would have been shit out of luck the day the tickets went on sale and I suddenly discovered I wasn't really a paid member. Lovely.

I never thought I would say this, but even for U2, this is not worth the hassle. I think I'll stick to ebay and ETS this time around.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I guess I'm a apid member, then, because I just checked and it had my expiration date and a link that said, "Click Here To Renew Early!"

As fucking IF.

:up:

I actually hope I'm wrong and its just a few isolated cases but with these dumbasses running the show, who knows?

Blue Room - Do you have contact information for this "Shannon" that was able to help you by sending you your code? Email for her? Phone number?

Thanks

Well, I sent my response last night to Rob and copied Terri, and the numb.ie addresses also. It was very direct and to the point and contained every bit of information to prove that my subscription was active.

I've yet to receive any sort of response, automated or otherwise.

I actually have absolutely no hope of resolving this, and it's not even about the money it's about a company thinking they can screw people and not thinking twice about it.

Blue Room said:
Shannon finally called me at work last week and confirmed my old address and then emailed my code to me. So I never received a letter. They sent it to the address I lived at during Elevation. So I would have never received it anyway. I never had to give them a Prop code though so I dont think its a factor as some of you think.

Why can't all of the people be like Shannon? That's the second time I've heard her name tied with results! Help us Shannon!

Blue Room said:

Unless you live in a major market (IE Chicago, NY, Boston, etc) because those tickets will go FAST. Prop didnt run like a well oiled machine with the tickets but they handled it in a decent fashion. Now that they are out of it completely, I'm not very hopeful.

:( I'm doomed...

BostonAnne said:

Why can't all of the people be like Shannon? That's the second time I've heard her name tied with results! Help us Shannon!

:( I'm doomed...

I agree - help us Shannon! LOL!

However, BostonAnne, don't despair. Even if Propaganda somehow had come through with our letters, I have a feeling that we'd be going through scalpers for all good seats, and maybe scalpers for ANY seat.

Sometimes being a fan of a popular band isn't a good thing.

anitram said:

The first time I called to explain the situation, I too spoke with Suzanne who instructed me to "just go to the site and try to buy tickets." ??? WHAT?!

She told me she was aware of the whole "situation" but clearly was not.

Needless to say, I did not receive a call or email. I called a week later and again gave all of my info. and was told that my message would be "immediately passed along" and I would be contacted. Again, nothing.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Where's my darn letter?!

Well, it's making me feel a little better that I'm not the only one in this situation it seems. I've been subscribing to Propaganda forever, and I moved right around the last tour and worried they lost me, so I sent in more money back then, and now I figure I'm paid out for years at the rate they actually send things. So yeah, now I've been holding out for this letter to arrive, since I've already sent them a bunch of money and now am going to have to pay even more. I've never been impressed with Propaganda - they have been disorganized and unreliable. I'm trying to get someone to respond to me about my letter before I give up and subscribe, but I will be highly pissed if I can't get the supposed Propaganda priority on tickets for the tour, especially since I've already double-paid on a subscription that was not completed... This is so frustrating!!!

BostonAnne, I didnt mean to sound like it was doom and gloom. I have gone to way more shows than Prop has provided for on past tours and I always managed to get the tickets I wanted. Where there is a will there is a way. I was really referring to the U2.com tickets in my post. Because of the way things have been handled just subscribing I'm not very hopeful that their ticket sale is going to go smoothly. In some cases I think we may be better off going through the normal channels for tickets.
:)

Back
Top Bottom