Some very unhappy news about the Propaganda Code letters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too signed up, got one issue of the mag and zlich since. I moved this year, but all my e-mails recently to prop, u2.com and fanfire regarding the move and the new site have gone unanswered. :|

Nice of them to take my money for only one issue and now they want more money to join the online group. :mad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I got the friggin same response too.. :mad:

I am sorry I didnt keep my prop member Id number but I didn't foresee propaganda going defunct!

If it makes you feel any better, I even gave them my Prop number and they still were "unable to locate any information".

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I say all of us who didn't get letters should file a complaint.

I am seriously pissed off.

Question for all who were Propaganda members but didn't receive your letter and code, did any of you have your Propaganda ID number and supply Fanfire with it?

I notice a few people didn't have their ID number, which is totally understandable as it's on the mailing label which often would be thrown out, but I HAVE my ID number and gave it to Fanfire and still received that letter.

KentK said:

If it makes you feel any better, I even gave them my Prop number and they still were "unable to locate any information".

You answered my question while I was posting it!

Anyone else? ? ?

Ok, I just checked my e-mail and I got the same response!!!!! :madspit:

Here is my reply:

Well Rob, please excuse my French but that's BULLSHIT!
I signed up, U2/Propaganda took my money for a
subscription, sent me ONE ISSUE of the mag when the
deal was I'd get four and now they are not going to
honor the remainder of my subscription????? AND, they
now want me to fork over MORE MONEY for an online
subscription??? WHY SHOULD I DO THAT WHEN THEY ARE
SCREWING ME OVER ON A SUBSCRIPTION I ALREADY PAID
FOR????

I understand MANY FANS are in the same boat as me and
we are all LIVID! Give that message to U2, their
management and whoever else might be responsible for
this BULLSHIT!

I am writing a letter to Principle Management
regarding this issue... this is NOT a good way to
treat fans who fork over their HARD EARNED CASH on all
things U2. We do it because we like them and like to
support them and their endevours, but I already tried
supporting them ONCE through their magazine and look
where it's gotten me now... SCREWED!

At this moment, the only reason I'd even consider
joining the online club would be for advance ticket
sales, but after this UNUSED MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION
FIASCO, who's to say the ticket thing won't get
screwed up too and I'll just be screwed again? U2 no
longer has my trust in their merchandising/fan club
endevours. The only thing I see is an organization
(U2/Principle Management) that goes back on its word
to its customers. And frankly, that really pisses me
off!

I am going to include a copy of my e-mail exchanges with the letter I am writing to Principle Management. U2 and PM will know how unhappy I am with the situation... :mad:

I am not just upset but LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!!! About this mess

If anyone has the email address to Principle management I would be more than happy to send them a little note.:|

Faith said:

Question for all who were Propaganda members but didn't receive your letter and code, did any of you have your Propaganda ID number and supply Fanfire with it?

I notice a few people didn't have their ID number, which is totally understandable as it's on the mailing label which often would be thrown out, but I HAVE my ID number and gave it to Fanfire and still received that letter.

I gave them my Prop ID twice.

I have had enough with fan fire. I also received Rob's lovely letter and wrote him back to check again because it is wrong.

I also decided to join last week for the $40.00 and they couldn't even get that right. They said that they aren't able to charge the credit cards until next week because too many people joined and jammed the site. Okay what about when tickets go on sale. This whole thing is bullshit. I am fed up with calling them and giving them my name and number every time.

Let's see what happens now. I even paid them and they couldn't do it right.

:mad: :madspit: fanfire.

Oh and thanks to Propaganda for not completing my membership and to make it worse erase me from their list.

What if you subscribed back in 2001 but moved and sent Prop your address change a week ago (after letters went out) Any chance you'll get a letter?

What bullshit!

I know someone who signed up AFTER me and she got her letter mailed to her, so if they pull this crap on me, I will blow a gasket!

And yes, I supplied them with my Prop ID. I have a fucking e-mail in my inbox from Teri Panaro giving it to me. So don't tell me I am not in your system, you bastards!

This is a blatant rip off. I actually had a woman tell me (Suzanne) that she is "sorry it didn't work out for" me. WTF is she on drugs??

I think we'll all save ourselves some stress if we just either join with $40 bucks or get tickets off eBay or whatever. It may cost more but I'm sick of worrying about stuff like this...man PM really dropped the f'in ball on this one.

I gave my prop ID to Fanfire (several times), changed by address with Propaganda, received an email from Terri confirming the address change and got this email telling me I don't exist in the database.

I know I only received two issues of the magazine and had an active membership.

I'm utterly disappointed in how this whole thing was handled and will make sure everyone possible associated with the U2 organization, as well as, Fanfire/Signature Networks is made aware of my disgust.

I think fanfire were totally overwhelmed with the whole situation and made no attempt at verifying absolutely anything.

I have absolutely no faith that they will handle the tickets any better than they have handled this.

I would love to see the presentation made by Signature Networks to U2 Management in order to win this business. Whatever it was, it was total and absolute bullshit.

It's disgraceful and inexcusable that they have blatantly made money off so many of us and nobody gives a damn at all.

I would rather deal with a scalper. I've never had any stress buying tickets off them. :mad:

So what's the concensus here? Bite the bullet and pay $40 or wait it out? It's getting a bit too close to the tour announcement in my opinion. I'm guessing if you join today and finally get the letter in a month they'll do nothing to make up for it. Total bullshit especially for those of us who have had Prop subs for 15 plus years continuous.

Oh well what's another $40 they already have all my future earnings as it is. . . :censored:

They've already told me that if you choose to pay $40 and then get the code in a few weeks, they are not obligated to reimburse you the $20 you are owed. :mad:

:tsk: a total and complete let down.

I have lost trust in this whole system. I sent Rob an e-mail requesting him to further explain this lapse b.s. My e-mail I felt was kind but direct. If he responds, I will post it. I mentioned to him that I received 3 mailings from Propaganda one at an old address and two at newer address and not once was there any mention about a subscription being lapsed. :down:

I doubt there will be a response and if there is one, I am sure it will be a generic "we apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you..." :der: :blahblah:

and at this point I have no desire to spend $40 on a fansite. If I was planning on going to more that one show, I would join it but I feel it will be a waste of my personal money to spend $40 to join a site that I will only use for one show.

I have to agree with all of you.

I too haven't received anything. I've been a subscriber since 1995 (when the "Melon" issue was released). BEFORE the U2.com subscription started, I went to the Propaganda website and changed my address (after I moved late this past summer). So I followed all their protocols.

When I started hearing people getting letters, I wrote to Propaganda (not FanFire). This turned out to be a U2.com address. I got a response from them. They wrote that they are "checking" things. That was on Dec. 3rd. So far, I haven't heard back.

I wrote again today. But before doing so, I received some sort of e-mail from "U2". Futher investigation revealed it was from the "subscriptions@u2.com" - however, the message had NOTHING in it. Hmmm... :scratch:

In any event, like many of you, I e-mailed both Propaganda and FanFire (just today) with my Propaganda ID, my old address and my new address. My subscription is current (and I never let it expire). Therefore, where is my letter? What is going on?

While it would be tough to prove our subscriptions as Propaganda never accepted checks (so we can't just go look back in our accounts for an old check), I think this speaks of some class action lawsuit. We were promised 4 issues - we didn't get them. Instead, we were told we could subscribe to a website for $20. However, to do so, we need some sort of "letter" - yet many of us don't have this letter. Why? How come?

I think if you have your Propaganda ID, that's your best bet for getting involved. And I'm sorry, but as big of a fan as I am of U2, I'm not above suing them to get their act straight. They can't treat their fans this way. :mad: They have a lot of older fans who are now in their 40's just like they are. The advantage there is that we now have the $$ and the intelligence to sue - so U2 better get themselves together 'cuz this could get nasty.

Last edited:
Hi Doctor who....
I also got the same weird emails from u2 today too after receiving that friggin letter from them saying my subscription had lapsed and they can't locate me...I responded back and let them know just how unhappy I was.

Don't you think we should send some kind of letter from all of us to PM with maybe a copy of the thread/s? PM should know what is going on. I would join ya with the legal part but I don't have my prop member id anymore.

I'm just extremely worried right now, because I tried to order the subscription by check, I sent it in the mail, THEN found out that they won't accept checks for the subscription. (WTF?) So...my question is...where is the check now?

No, it hasn't show up as withdrawn yet. I'm thinking of cancelling it tomorrow...but it's still the fact that my name, address, and account number are on it.

Yeah, I think I might do that. I emailed both fanfire and u2.com tonight, after 5pm, but I doubt that they're going to respond in a rapid fashion.

I was fortunate in that I actually got a letter, although like so many others, it went to a previous address. I had some trouble subscribing, but that was finally resolved as well. I guess I shouldn't be complaining about this :wink: but they haven't charged my credit card yet, and it was almost two weeks ago.

While I'm completely fine with not paying these fools, it does make me wonder who they charged for my subscription. :eyebrow:

You know I am extremely worried about when the tickets go on sale namely the presale for us u2.com members. I haven't any faith that it is going to go smoothly at all in fact I see disaster written all over it!

PM has to know about this fiasco and how us fans feel before those tickets go on sale! Don't y'all think so???

We GOTTA DO SOMETHING REAL SOON!

Anyone who feels the same as me and wants to do something about it...email me: liams_mom@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom