Some U2 quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(they talk about Best of 90-2000 collection - it was a 5,6 minute piece with Edge and Larry)

EDGE: Big singles from that period -- em - help me out here Larry, what are some of the big hits we've had? One...
LARRY: Still haven't found...
EDGE: No.
*both crack up in laughter*
EDGE: We'll start again.

EDGE: Mine are in the back of the closet. My Mum's got a few, there's a couple in my friend's house. I actually don't have any in my house at the moment. - *pauses shortly* - That's a long story.
*both of them smile*
(I don't know whether he meant U2 records or his hats with this one)

EDGE: I think we'd be all crap at Big Brother. I think Adam would probably be out first. I think...you know that guy that climbs off the wall? *chuckles* I think that would be us. *both of them laugh*

EDGE: I prefer the 90's collection more than the 80's collection because the haircuts in the 80's were a good deal worse than they were in the 80's. That said there's are still a few faux pais in the clothing department that I still wince a little bit whe I see them. Let me put it this way - I will be listening to the collections of the songs a lot more than I'll be watching the DVD. *both of them chuckle*

Weee, I love U2 quotes! I have a whole Word document of them.
<----Is a geek.

Here's another Edge & Larry Gem, I think from Q:

LARRY: "I haven't listened to it in a while. It was in the middle of the longest tour that we've ever done and it's hard to remember what happened. I love the record. But I got confused there for a second, I'll admit, because...what's the other record we made?"
EDGE: "Passengers!"
LARRY: "Passengers! They all started to merge."

I love this one:

"I don't know what will happen to Hanson when their voices break." --Adam

This is cute, from the November MSN Interview:
EDGE: "This week my favourite song is Running to Standstill"
BONO: "Are you on the smack, are you?"
(Random side note- I've since been asking people if they are on the smack, are they rather than crack. I got that off U2Log, as m computer REFUSED to play the interview after Adam told Bono the Ganges was a river.)

Schmeg said:

This is cute, from the November MSN Interview:
EDGE: "This week my favourite song is Running to Standstill"
BONO: "Are you on the smack, are you?"
(Random side note- I've since been asking people if they are on the smack, are they rather than crack. I got that off U2Log, as m computer REFUSED to play the interview after Adam told Bono the Ganges was a river.)

hehehehe i love that one, and i started laughing cos i had just been listening to running to stand still when i turned the cd player off to listen to the interview

arw9797 said:
MTV2 Best Of interview:

EDGE

"Rock and Roll, guitars, bass, drums, voice at high volume, :yes: that's me."

cool! what when? context?

i like that quote!

and i like

"The first thing is to protect the guitar, because you can fix an ankle, you can fix a bruise, but when you break a guitar that's the end of it."--The Edge (on falling off the stage)

IWasBored said:

cool! what when? context?

i like that quote!

and i like

"The first thing is to protect the guitar, because you can fix an ankle, you can fix a bruise, but when you break a guitar that's the end of it."--The Edge (on falling off the stage)

this is why you need to watch TV occasionally! I taped it off of MTV2 or VH1 of few months ago.

He looked so :cute: too! He said the first part then did this:yes: and then said the last part :cute:

arw9797 said:

this is why you need to watch TV occasionally! I taped it off of MTV2 or VH1 of few months ago.

He looked so :cute: too! He said the first part then did this:yes: and then said the last part :cute:

awwwwwwww...i wanna see edge do this---> :yes:

Concert in Dublin Jan 1 1990---

Bono After I Will Follow before I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.................

"So how are you out there. You ok? Seeing as how it's new years day I bet you expect me to get all sentimental. Well your exactly right. Here's to the future. The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high volume. That's what we do for a living. Lucky bastards."

Love it!!!:heart:

i thought this was cute and sentimental:

Elevation-Slane Castle:

Bono:
"father, I need a lone of 500 pounds, we're gonna go to London to score oursleves a record deal, and when we get that record deal, we're not gonna stay in London, not going to New York City, we're gonna base our crew in Dublin...'cause this is our home, this is OUR TRIBE.....so what do you say dad?"

(then he goes on thanking every body else's family for the money to get them started......I got all teary eyed since he just lost his father days before the show and all that.........)

<-------a sucker for the sentimental stuff!!!!!

yay quotes! *nerd*

"Anger is simple. Any artist knows he can do it with a black brush. That's what rock is at the moment. It's an easy thing to do: painting in black. Joy is something else. It's much harder to create because you are dealing with something much deeper and much more emotional. It's a connection with the audience that borders on faith, believing in something together." -Bono

?The Edge is a really, really intense guy, he's got this incredibly high I.Q. He's great at sorting out issues of worldly importance, it's just that he forgets the everyday things, like the chords or songs, where he is, and so on." - Bono

"Well, it could have been an artichoke, but we wanted a more practical fruit." - Larry on the lemon

"And if it doesn't work, we'll just blame Eno." -Adam

"I have a terrible habit of finding really unimportant, trivial, manual things to do. I'll go mow the lawn, or find some piece of furniture that needs varnishing, or...paint the cat." -Edge

Glad you like the qutes! :)

Great quotes from others, too!

What do you mean 20-25 minute video about Best of? Here there was only 6 minutes or so... :rant:

U2girl said:
Glad you like the qutes! :)

Great quotes from others, too!

What do you mean 20-25 minute video about Best of? Here there was only 6 minutes or so... :rant:

did you watch it from u2exit.com?

I have it on video so I only watched it from u2exit.com until I got to the quote I wanted but from what I can tell it was the entire video there that I have on tape.

arw9797 said:
Concert in Dublin Jan 1 1990---

Bono After I Will Follow before I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.................

"So how are you out there. You ok? Seeing as how it's new years day I bet you expect me to get all sentimental. Well your exactly right. Here's to the future. The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high volume. That's what we do for a living. Lucky bastards."

Love it!!!:heart:

I love hearing this quote whenever I listen to the bootleg (which i am going to do again today bc of seeing this quote):yes:

I listened to that concert 2 times last nite just to hear that qoute! It's one of my favorites. He has such a way with words. I might put that on my screen saver. :sigh:

Re: yay quotes! *nerd*

Ultraviolet Light said:
"Anger is simple. Any artist knows he can do it with a black brush. That's what rock is at the moment. It's an easy thing to do: painting in black. Joy is something else. It's much harder to create because you are dealing with something much deeper and much more emotional. It's a connection with the audience that borders on faith, believing in something together." -Bono
That's one of my all-time favorites. It's kind of like this one, which I also love:

"You can't surrender to melancholy; that's too easy. Joy is a subject I go on and on about. It's one of the only emotions you can't contrive. It's impossible. Despair and anger are easier to convey. Joy is right next to happiness, which is not so interesting, and sentimentality. Great rock 'n' roll, the raw stuff, is pure joy. It's that sense of being alive, of being grateful for your pulse."
--Bono, 2001

I wonder if they're from the same interview or whatever?

I also really love the dream out loud at high volume one.
And the idea of Edge painting the cat cracks me up...because I can almost picture it...
:hug: :bono: :heart: :edge:

that painting the cat thing--for the longest time i thought he meant applying a coat of paint to the cat's fur. he meant painting a PICUTRE of the cat...right? :lol:

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom