some of this has been mentioned but........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
From Worldpop:

U2 working on new tracks for Gt Hits

U2 are back in the studio working on some material for inclusion of a second greatest
hits album. The band plan to put out the collection ahead of the Christmas market,
rounding up all their singles from the Achtung Baby period ('91) through to their last
album, All That You Can't Leave Behind ('01).

The singles that are expected to appear on the album include

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
One
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Lemon
Stay
Discotheque
Staring At The Sun
Please
If God Will Send His Angels
Mofo
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On

As well as the new songs that the band are currently working on, the collection will also round
up other tracks such as Hold Me, Kiss Me, Thrill Me from the 1995 Batman Forever soundtrack,
Miss Sarajevo from the Passengers album and the U2 cover of Everlasting Love from 1999's
Forces Of Nature soundtrack.

NO WAY that they put Sweetest thing or Everlasting love on this album(s)...no way.

Wasn't Sweetest Thing on the last Best Of collection? Why would they put it on this next one? I think it was on the Main Cd and the B sides.

I was kinda hope that they wouldn't put any songs from ATYCLB on this next Bets Of collection and wait until later. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

Sweetest Thing was on both the main CD and the B sides CD.

Everlasting Love was on the B sides too.

I'd love to see Ground Beneath Her Feet on there instead.

These rumors are ridiculous and can't be true (but then, artists have done far stranger things to confuse fans). What they did was simply look up every single the band released in the time span of 1990-2000 and stole the rest of the speculation from MTV or MTV's source.

I hope they save all the ATYCLB tracks and the Ground Beneath Her Feet for that third compilation they're contractually obliged to, by the way (none of them fit into the 90s schema, after all, and let's not be pendants and pretend "1990-2000" doesn't mean "nineties").

Oh, and that article is silly...Everlasting Love may have been on a soundtrack in 1999, but it was recorded ten years prior.

And Gloria was left off the Best of 1980-1990 because October doesn't get any love. It's a shame, too.

[This message has been edited by typhoon (edited 04-05-2002).]

I like Sweetest thing and Everlasting love but I don't see the point in putting these songs on another greatest hits album...it would be like putting "With or Without You" on this because it was in the "Blown Away" (Jeff Bridges and Tommy Lee Jones) soundtrack.

*major pouting*

I swear, October is THE most underrated, overlooked album in the band's history (with the possible exception of POP). It's probably my 2nd-favorite overall!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

hey lemon meringue! So you found the place...I hadn't noticed ya! Welcome to the party.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom