Some MORE rumour news!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just read this at U2log.com

One of U2log.com's editors spoke to The Edge and Bono outside U2's studio in Dublin today. Asked how recording was going The Edge answered the band has 'so many new tunes' a new record could be made out of it.

The Edge continued stating they 'just didn't have the time' for that, because 'the record company wants a record for Christmas (probably the single release), they're doing the Greatest Hits with two new songs, and (and he seemed most excited about this) they are remixing the Zooropa album.

Bono added that the band is pressed for time and close to missing deadlines.

this seems interesting along with the other song titles.

very interesting indeed!

what does this mean they are "remixing" Zooropa??? any re-recording or just remixing the masters? hmmm... forget that, they should just start playing the songs again live

and what does this mean, "so many new tunes," songs from these current sessions? in addition to the ones left over from ATYCLB sessions?? including the ones they supposedly worked on towards the end of the Elevation Tour? so many questions, so few answers...

what the fuck is wrong with the current mix of zooropa??????

finish the NEW fucking album.:yes:

I remember hearing Bono say that Edge wants to re-record every U2 album. Seems like proof of that.

woah, that all sounds very cool.

that combined with the electrical storm rumor, u2 is making me excited again.

that feels very, very good inside.

Maybe they are remixing all the albums to make some sort of box set!

Now that's something I would buy for sure.

What if it came with a DVD of all the videos as an extra reason to buy the box set!

one word for that...................SWEET!!!!!!

Zooropa remixed? I wonder if that will include any tunes that didn't make the original cut? The Wanderer sung by Bono, anyone? I just hope that if they make a boxed set, that it's one of those 4 (or more) disc sets with outakes, unreleased tracks, live versions, etc...., rather than a cardboard box of stuff that we already own and have heard many times.

I for one am very happy about the news of them remixing Zooropa, I hope it does come out soon somehow. Even though I think the original is great (my favorite U2 album in fact), I would love to hear a new take on the whole thing. I think if they went and remixed/re-recorded all of their albums, that would be the most incredible thing any band has ever done, hands down. I would also love to see a box set come out sometime with rarities, outtakes, alternate mixes (Wanderer with Bono's vocal or Stuck with Mick Jagger and his daughter). U2 has a lot of incredible things they could possibly do. I am getting that feeling I got when all the rumors and news about ATYCLB was pouring out every day. I can't wait for the new single and all of the goodies they have instore for us during the Christmas season.

U2log now has changed it to remixing POP not Zooropa......I agree with other posts that this makes more sense......Larry has said that the album was rushed and they really didn't finish the songs.......we could get some real interesting stuff......

this has to be bullshit.
they are not remixing pop.

My insticts tell me that what this probably means is that they are remixing certain tracks from the album for the Best of.

An entirely remixed album just doesn't sound like U2. I just can't see them doing that unless it was as part of the Greatest Hits package.

Peace.

Let the exitement begin!

if they are remixing the zooropa album for some reason I think it's somewhat of a good thing.

if only that it shows they may be shifting their attention away from another "made for radio" album!

Basstrap said:
Let the exitement begin!

if they are remixing the zooropa album for some reason I think it's somewhat of a good thing.

if only that it shows they may be shifting their attention away from another "made for radio" album!

Or maybe they are remixing tracks in order for them to be "made for radio." ;)

Back
Top Bottom