Some interesting rumors I heard about U2 at work for Super Bowl.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Since I do work at ESPN and I will be at the Super Bowl working for them I have heard some interesting rumours from reliable sources....

-Stuart Scott will be interviewing the band for ESPN during the Super Bowl festivities...I hate that it could be Scott but who else could do it? I will try to sit in on the interview though since I will be there. ( I might try to give the band my Heaven and Hell video at the interview)

-U2 has given the NFL rights to U2's music...(if you haven't seen or heard....the NFL has used Bad and UTEW for playoff promos) so ESPN will be able to cut NFL's Images of the Year to a variety of songs..I know who is doing it and since I have some good remixes I will try to help him out....maybe even edit some of it.....but as your ESPN insider I will keep everyone informed.

[This message has been edited by Swan269 (edited 01-09-2002).]

Holy crap. You might be able to sit in on an interview?! That would be incredible! What is the Heaven and Hell tape you're talking about?? You are seriously lucky... No, really- I hate you now.
But thanks for keeping us posted!
smile.gif

I just think that Stuart Scott tries to act all cool and hip when he interviews people....you know the type (you talk to them once and then he acts like he knew you forever...) but like I said, I don't know who would be a better person to interview the band......I just don't think he would appriciate the "coolness" of who he was interviewing.

and oh...the Heaven and Hell video mocool is the song from the outtakes. Some people here have seen it but I made a video of the song. I edited the song and used shots from the achtung baby videos, making of the Joshua tree, and the performance of don't take you guns to town on TNT.

i love you.

i hate you.
wink.gif

you better get us some good dirt, good quotes, good pics, good stories. What's that video you were talking about?

hey, let's hope that Stuart Scott isn't such a doofus that he 'pulls a Jay Leno' and says BONE-OH instead of Bono....be sure to clue him in okay?
smile.gif

Originally posted by Swan269:
Since I do work at ESPN

-Stuart Scott will be interviewing the band for ESPN during the Super Bowl.

Bebe has seen the video....I cut the song down from 6:47 to about 4...the band would think that my audio edits are terrible but for common folk such as us they pass....it has been the best thing that I have ever edited and it will never make it on air...it used to be posted on someones website but they took it down for some reason. But I worked on a newer version and it is 100 times better.

Oh, that's cool. I'd like to see it if you can ever get it online again!

Well, unless ESPN can find an interviewer who is actually a fan of the band and knows U2's music and some of their history, I don't think it'll matter much who interviews them.

Swan-- You are in the perfect position! Kind of maybe sort of hint at a few possible questions Scott should ask-- good questions! like "What's up with the new album?" or "Touring again this year boys?" and not "So does your wife call you Bone-o or Paul?" And make sure he doesn't say Bone-o!

I will try to tell him but you see I am an editor and he probably won't listen to me no matter what I would tell him.....I could tell him his pants are on fire and he wouldn't believe me since I am not his producer.

Go for it Swan! lol, you make me laugh! Well, i hope to be there if I cn win this Superbowl trip! Comes complete win ON field passes! yes! peace 2 u

In one of the other threads, someone mentioned that Dan Patrick was spotted at a u2 show. He often has rock singers on his radio show as well. Hip guy but laid back, too. He'd be a much, much better choice.

-Stuart Scott will be interviewing the band for ESPN during the Super Bowl festivities...I hate that it could be Scott but who else could do it? I will try to sit in on the interview though since I will be there. ( I might try to give the band my Heaven and Hell video at the interview)

At least y'all aren't sending Bill Curry out there to interview them. They would never come back to the States again.

you are a very lucky U2 fan, swan.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

I think Chris Berman would be a good choice for ESPN to interview the band. Don't know if he is a U2 fan, but he is a rock music fan, often making references during his Swami 2 minute drills.(Though he loses many cool points for the way he was dressed when onstage singing with Huey Lewis
eek.gif
)
Plus he comes up with some great nicknames...could see him introducing the band: Paul "don't call me Sonny Bono" Hewson, Dave "push me over the Edge" Evans, Adam "dradle I made it out of" Clayton, and Larry Mullen "of Kintyre".
biggrin.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Originally posted by Jayhawk:
I would love to see Jim Rome question the band.

Rome: So, Bone-o, when's the new album coming out?

Bono: Um, it's BONO, Jim..

Rome: Anyway, Bone-o, about the album...

Bono: Call me Bone-o again and I'll knock yer block off.

Rome: Whatever, Bone-o, this.....

WHAMMM!!!!!

I think Dan Patrick would be a much better choice too.......who knows but they might change their mind if the rumour is true.

Since I do work at ESPN and I will be at the Super Bowl working for them I have heard some interesting rumours from reliable sources....

-U2 has given the NFL rights to U2's music...(if you haven't seen or heard....the NFL has used Bad and UTEW for playoff promos) so ESPN will be able to cut NFL's Images of the Year to a variety of songs..I know who is doing it and since I have some good remixes I will try to help him out....maybe even edit some of it.....but as your ESPN insider I will keep everyone informed.

[This message has been edited by Swan269 (edited 01-09-2002).]

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY PERSON!!! I'm so jealous. That's really great that you are keeping us posted on everything though!

~#1bonobabe http://u2_inspire.tripod.com/

Back
Top Bottom